StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a PC8 attached to my battery, and a Datel voltmeter wired into one of the slots on it. When I first wired it up four months ago, it consistently read 14.2-14.3V. Then it read 14.1-14.2V for a long time. Recently, it has started showing 13.8-14.0V as the reading. No other farkles of any kind have been added to the bike since I put the voltmeter on there. Should I just ignore it? Is it the stator? The RR? A figment of my overactive imagination?

·
Registered
331 Posts
I have a Datel on my FJR that started reading 17-21 volts after 100 miles in the rain, they're not totally impervious to water.
I'd stick a DVM across the battery terminals to verify if the Datel's correct.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Datel oscillates between 13.9 and 14.0V at 5K RPM, while the battery shows 14.22-14.24V.

So it is just the Datel that is going bad? At what point should I be worried about its accuracy?

·
Registered
331 Posts
The Datel oscillates between 13.9 and 14.0V at 5K RPM, while the battery shows 14.22-14.24V.
So it is just the Datel that is going bad? At what point should I be worried about its accuracy?
If they're both connected to exactly the same point and the meter you're using is accurate, that Datel seems questionable or your wiring is iffy.
My Datel is spot on right at the battery terminals compared to a calibrated DVM.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts