Strom Trooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heads up, I carry a Slime Power Sports Pump on my DL650 for about 5-7 yrs now, turned it on when I first got it to prove it works and then stowed it on the bike. Today my wife call me and wants me to help her fix a flat on her road bike. Great she's about 30 miles away, but one more reason to take a ride, well when I get there the cig lighter adapter has basically disintegrated, unable to employ a roadside fix for the pump. So if you carry a Slime pump check that it is still operational once in a while. I was able to splice in a new/replacement cig lighter/power adapter when I got home. (Roadbike=bicycle)

Power Sport | Slime

·
Registered
227 Posts
I've had mine for about 7 years now as well. I've used it several times and it still works like a charm. Did it get oil on it or something, maybe?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
No oil or any residue on it. It just sat under the seat in the little plastic tray. Basically the threads of the tip/fuse part disintegrated. Cheap Chinese plastic! Even though Slime is a US company I'm assuming the inflator is made in China.

·
Registered
110 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
I have a Slime pump that I removed from the case, that reduces the volume required for storage considerably. When I did that I cut off the cig plug and replaced it with two alligator clips to connect directly to the battery.
Much more reliable connection and actually improves the pump performance considerably by getting rid of the extra wiring to the cig socket.

·
Registered
14,018 Posts
Ditto on AIH method. My cigar plug outlet is not marine quality and might fail to work with the pump load. and the regular clips might be more practical...even if you have to remove the seat and all the camping gear topping it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts