StromTrooper banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello,
last couple of rides I noticed a wobble in the fornt , this happens If I take my hands of the handle bar the front, it will wobble a bit, nothing scary, this happens under 60mph, it stops by just placing a finger on the handlebar
my tire pressure is 33 psi
the rear tire is stating to have a flat center
I have not checked wheel alignment

Is this normal on vstroms ?
Should I try to correct it?

I also had it on the previous moorcycle, but it went away once I rectified the tire pressures

Thanks for your comments
i am facing similar issues with Givi V47 Top case while decelerating between 75 to 65 km/h, here are some tests / troubleshooting that i did:
1. Removed top case solo ride: no wobbling or unnoticeable .
2. GIVI top case with pillion: Slight wobbling - noticeable.
3. GIVI top case Solo: Wobbling at decelerating 75 to 65 Km/h
4. GIVI top case + SHAD SH36 Side pannier: Sever wobbling between 75 to 65 km/h
5. changed both tires with a new set from a test drive vehicle at showroom - Wobbling gone. Smooth and perfect.

Did wheel truing and balancing, now the wobbling is reduced but gone.
checked cone set, suspension and air pressure at recommended 33/42 PSI front / rear

Looks like once the spoke wheel bent it cant be corrected to perfection with wheel truing. (by the way i ride on highways and city roads only)

·
Registered
217 Posts
Hello,
last couple of rides I noticed a wobble in the fornt , this happens If I take my hands of the handle bar the front, it will wobble a bit, nothing scary, this happens under 60mph, it stops by just placing a finger on the handlebar
my tire pressure is 33 psi
the rear tire is stating to have a flat center
I have not checked wheel alignment

Is this normal on vstroms ?
Should I try to correct it?

I also had it on the previou moorcycle, but it went away once I rectified the tire pressures

Thanks for your comments
Did you hit a bump recently? Did any of the balancing weights fall off? I got rid of my Michelin P5's, front and rear, replaced with Metzler Roadtec 01,and my minor shaking disappeared. Not sure if it was the tire or the balancing. Head bearings were and still are fine. Before you increase tire pressure check the tire specs and see if there is a max. pressure marking on the tire and see what the tire manufacturer recommends for the optimum performance.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Tire pressure info from Metzler:

"Always inflate the tyre to the correct pressure. Be sure to check cold inflation pressure frequently, i.e. once a week. Although most motorcyclists love to work on their bikes, they seldom remember to check tyre pressures. Correct tyre pressure, however, is critical for safe handling. Overinflation or extreme tyre pressure will impair your riding comfort and decrease the contact of the tyre with the road. Underinflation or too little air pressure will result in poor handling and the bike will be inclined to “wander”. Improper and insufficient tyre pressure will also cause rapid tyre wear, an increase in fuel consumption, lower top speed, and provide less control. Remember to check the inflation pressure of your tyres weekly. You will find the correct pressure in the operating manual of the motorcycle. "

21 - 23 of 23 Posts