StromTrooper banner

Slab Vibration

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Big B 
#1 ·
I've read the posts but don't know where to start to troubleshoot the 80 mph vib. It a 3k mile 2014 bike, and has one tire weight , can I balance at home? some one said something about a Harbor Freight balancer. It does not seem to be a vibration on the handlebars especially but through the seat I guess because it's a visual thing, where all the terrain and trees are shaking. thought appreciated.

#2 ·
This sounds like head buffeting rather than bike vibration. Toss a Givi Airstream on there and problem solved.

One way to prove this is to put your left hand above your chest when the vibes start to see if it lessens or goes away, or bend down so your head is below the airflow coming off the windshield.

#4 ·
#5 ·
not really buffeting, when I 'hand' check the windstream it seems like it is flowing well over the top of helmet. the engine has crash bars, will try the helmet change first, then putting my feet on the bars to see if there is any change. thanks for the thoughts on the harmonics, will be changing to a heavier seat and putting on the luggage to see what that does. also today's run was in no wind conditions. p.

#6 ·
If you think it could be an issue with wheel balancing, then you could try balance beads. They are dynamic and adjust every time you stop/start and IMO work great on a motorcycle. You just unscrew the valve stem and pour 1oz in front tire and 2oz in rear.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.