StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I didn't get a choice of color as my deal was for a 2018 260 mile demo bike. (5 Riders). And yes I bought the banana in yellow.

I'm curious as to the parts needed to ditch the bananna and move to black.

Tank, seat and a few front plastics from what I can see.

Does anyone have a link to a 2017/8 parts catalogue so I can get some identifiers for parts?

·
Registered
11,531 Posts

·
Registered
14,819 Posts
i painted a bike Yellow because I bought a yellow helmet. I've also had a Bumble Bee BMW GS. A classic.
My ZR7S Kawasaki was a glorious yellow as is my G650GS BMW.
So what's wrong with a tasty yellow banana colored bike?
Be bold and ride proudly.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Wait a while and see if you get used to it? I bought a blue F150 which I hated ... 6 months later I wasn't sure why I hated it, the colour grew on me.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I guess colour, (like fragrance) is always a polarizing choice and I'm not against yellow bikes at all. If I was buying a 70's RD350LC it would be first and only choice. My DL banana hasn't grown on me yet - but the bike is ace :)...

Again I was just curious as to parts needed. :)

Any online parts links welcomed (for curiosity). ??

0:)

·
Registered
87 Posts
I guess colour, (like fragrance) is always a polarizing choice and I'm not against yellow bikes at all. If I was buying a 70's RD350LC it would be first and only choice. My DL banana hasn't grown on me yet - but the bike is ace :)...

Again I was just curious as to parts needed. :)

Any online parts links welcomed (for curiosity). ??

0:)
Instead of replacing the parts, why not just paint what you already have? I know I've seen threads to this effect so it would probably worth some research to determine how others have approached this and the level of success they've had.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
Be proud of your Champion Yellow Strom.
Best Adventure bike there is for the price.

·
Registered
99 Posts
So I didn't get a choice of color as my deal was for a 2018 260 mile demo bike. (5 Riders). And yes I bought the banana in yellow.

I'm curious as to the parts needed to ditch the bananna and move to black.

Tank, seat and a few front plastics from what I can see.

Does anyone have a link to a 2017/8 parts catalogue so I can get some identifiers for parts?
This is the only place I've found so far that has 2018 DL1000 OEM parts, but the sparkle black tanks are currently not available.

https://www.motosport.com/motorcycle/oem-parts/suzuki/2018/v_strom-_-dl1000a

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks man.. prices correspond to what what i'm finding in germany.

New tank 750 EUR -
New Seat 311 EUR
Tank Panels 210 per side
Front beak 180..

curiosity satisfied.

{THINKS} That will be a seat cover and living with it for now type solution. :grin2:

·
Registered
126 Posts

New tank 750 EUR -
New Seat 311 EUR
Tank Panels 210 per side
Front beak 180..

curiosity satisfied.

{THINKS} That will be a seat cover and living with it for now type solution. :grin2:
Took my first ride on my new banana yellow bike today. I liked the yellow to start with, but, even better, it kind of matches my yellow Aerostitch suit! A happy surprise.

Vinnie

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

·
Registered
99 Posts

New tank 750 EUR -
New Seat 311 EUR
Tank Panels 210 per side
Front beak 180..

curiosity satisfied.

I can't stand the looks of the two-tone dark grey seat on my 2018 DL1000 with the funky SUZUKI emblazoned on each side of the seat which looks cheap as hell to me. So 3 weeks from today I'm doing 650-mile two-day trip from my house in Yerington NV over to Redding CA for a ride in appointed to have the rider section reshaped and the seat recovered by Seth Lamm who runs Lamm's custom motorcycle seats. He doe's great work, and it will be done in the same material and style as he did the seats on my 2013 FJR1300.

Laam Custom Motorcycle Seats

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Dude - that seat looks more comfortable than a kashmir cod-piece.

I don't have any custom shops locally sadly so a corbin or equivalent will suffice for now.

Determined to ditch the silvery bits, beak + side decals, tank plastics for black - looks better with the banana yellow tank.

>:)

·
Registered
468 Posts
I knew I wouldn't want the yellow seat. (rest of the yellow is OK, and the gold wheels look awesome) The black seat is not as attractive in-person as I had hoped. I'll get a feel for the comfort and replace it with a Sargent if needed. Otherwise, probably recover it.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I knew I wouldn't want the yellow seat. (rest of the yellow is OK, and the gold wheels look awesome) The black seat is not as attractive in-person as I had hoped. I'll get a feel for the comfort and replace it with a Sargent if needed. Otherwise, probably recover it.
I've thought that the yellow model should have come with a black seat, as the yellow seat is just yellow overkill IMHO.

·
Registered
14,819 Posts
" kashmir cod-piece"

I didn't know Blair Hollywood was still selling those. So 17th century!
Silk thong is de regueur now.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
He He notacop :) - I'd trade the silk thong for a nice warm 17th Century 'ruffe' anyday. Especially on the strom sitting so high!

Hey Metrick - seems suzuki is now offering XTRA-BANANA stickers as well on the UK accessories page. :confused:

·
Registered
214 Posts
I just picked up a black '18 XT yesterday. I was going back and forth on the colors and the seat it what pushed me away from the yellow. It would be impossible for me to keep it clean. Other than that I really like the yellow bike. In fact, the black/grey seat from the black bike looks awesome on the yellow bike. Sadly the dealer wouldn't sell it to me that way. :)

·
Registered
11,531 Posts
Just pop on a Terry Adcox saddle for about $300 of whatever color and design you want. ;-)

Not sure about shipping across the pond.

·
Registered
468 Posts
I just picked up a black '18 XT yesterday. I was going back and forth on the colors and the seat it what pushed me away from the yellow. It would be impossible for me to keep it clean. Other than that I really like the yellow bike. In fact, the black/grey seat from the black bike looks awesome on the yellow bike. Sadly the dealer wouldn't sell it to me that way. :)
Wow, you have a dealer that had both colors? I had to drive nearly 4 hours to the home of Ford Motor Company and they said I could have any color, as long as it was black. :grin2:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts