StromTrooper banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm wondering if anyone knows of a skid plate that will fit a bike with a leo vince system on it. (or if anyone wants to trade maybe an akropovic slip on + stock headers for a full leo vince system).

i'd like to have a skid plate on the bike and my understanding is that they're not really compatible with the leo vince exhaust system. does anyone know difference?

some context and background information, not really essential but not irrelevan teither
my used bike came with a leo vince full exhaust system and a custom fabricated (extra long) bracket with a skid plate connected to it. was made by narcosis junky (enduroguardian.com) apparently when he first started making skid plates as a one-off custom creation. i spoke with him today and it's not economical to try to recreate that mounting bracket.

the skid plate saved the bike pretty good, got kinda bent, and so did the heavy steel bracket holding it in place. i took the plate off the bike and though it's possible to screw it back on, it involves a lot of elbow grease and the damn thing vibrates to hell around the 5300rpm range. so off that goes.

anyway, just looking for advice or to hear what you would do in my position. i like the look and sound of the leo vince system, i have no idea if i'd notice any HP or performance difference by going back to stock (though i sincerely doubt it) but i'd rather have a skid plate so on the off chance i can get off road i can worry less about destroying my bike and stranding myself :mrgreen:

thanks in advance

·
Registered
1 Posts
The touratech skidplate won't fit with the Leo Vince.
I've tried it and now trying to modify it. (cut and weld)

I have a 2013 650 strom

1 - 2 of 2 Posts