StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know the question must been asked a lot. But I'm new here.

Which skid plate for you is the best and why?

Looking to put on my Vee 1000 xt 2018

thanks

·
Premium Member
4,196 Posts
I am happy with my Happy Trail skid, solid, mounts to the kickstand bolts on rear and to crash bars on front so nothing touches the engine, strong enough to lift the bike from it, and it is capable of sliding across a log no problem (tested). Good coverage.

·
Registered
613 Posts
I have the Ravetech...as mentioned about the Happy Trail, it mounts to the frame and doesn't mount to the engine. Very heavy duty. Required a little adaptation to clear the front header pipe.

Attachments

·
Registered
529 Posts
Enduro guardian
i just destroyed my Givi "skid plate". bottomed out on a big rock. I'm looking at the Enduro Guardian, but his website says it needs to be modded to fit with Givi bars, which i have. Do you know what exactly needs to be modded and how difficult?
Thanks.

·
Registered
529 Posts
i just destroyed my Givi "skid plate". bottomed out on a big rock. I'm looking at the Enduro Guardian, but his website says it needs to be modded to fit with Givi bars, which i have. Do you know what exactly needs to be modded and how difficult?

Thanks.

Good choice. Very little mods. I have that combo. Just grind a 1/4 inch off by 1 1/2" and do not use washer. By far the best looking, and best protection available.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I know the question must been asked a lot. But I'm new here.

Which skid plate for you is the best and why?

Looking to put on my Vee 1000 xt 2018

thanks
I have the SW Motech for the V2. Looks sharp and I don't have to remove it to change the oil.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Thanks.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

·
Registered
59 Posts
Cheapest skidplate that doesn't require crashbars is $130 from Thailand
Weld 86 ones look the same and are about $50 more....ouch !!

·
Registered
371 Posts
Enduro guardian
Does the Enduro Guardian work for the 2018? The site says 2014 and newer. However, when was that posted? Was the 2018 even out? Is the 2018 different from the 2014 with respect to the skid plate? I hope the site responds by tomorrow afternoon. That's when I plan to buy a skid plate.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I believe the 2018 is the same bike in terms of motor and frame so there are no differences from the 2014/15/16.
If that is not 100% it will cost me a minimum of $70 to ship it back. Been waiting since yesterday for the vendor to respond.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts