StromTrooper banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, When I got my 2014 1000, it had Pugi crash bars. Anyone have them, and if so what skid plate will fit??? I need a skid plate...

Thanks

·
Registered
26 Posts
I was just on Weld 86 web site and only see the Wee listed not the Vee2. I emailed to see if he in fact is making one, but have not heard back yet.

·
Registered
26 Posts
My email was just answered. Charlie has no plans on making one for our 2014+ Vee2's at this time. Too bad, it is a nice looking piece.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I got the Ravetech. No need for crashbars. Impeccable build quality and fit, but it took a couple weeks to get here. $225 with shipping.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I had the SW Motech it served the purpose but it took a beating on saturday at the last NEVA. To bad you can not get a weld 86 that is the way to go for sure. I am not familiar with Ravetech might have to look into that?

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Any info on which one keeps the most ground clearance????

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OK, not to kill this thread, but I ordered the Happy Trails. Like the way it mounts. Seems like the easiest to modify if I need too. Also got a Rad. guard coming. so it will be equipped within a few weeks...

·
Premium Member
4,219 Posts
The HT plate is very solid and can take a serious beating. You can lift the bike from it too if needed. It also works great with the enduro guardian highway bar if you have 52" inseam+.

·
Registered
617 Posts
The HT plate is very solid and can take a serious beating. You can lift the bike from it too if needed. It also works great with the enduro guardian highway bar if you have 52" inseam+.
52" inseam+ ?
Damn dude. Where do you buy your pants? :confused:

Yes, the HT plate is solid. I don't know about the enduro guardian highway bar. Mine is fitted with the HT highway bar and works fine for my 34" inseam.

I took a hole saw to the HT plate under the drain plug and then use a puppy pad (https://www.amazon.com/All-Absorb-Training-100-count-22-inch-23-inch/dp/B00EI673B6/) between the engine and plate. Pull out some of the pad through the hole, cut, then drain oil. Removing the plate isn't difficult, but this method saves some time and energy.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Got my HT today.... easy install right up to mounting the plate, no nuts included.... ARRRGGGG.... The story of my luck with this bike. Off to the hardware store in the morning I guess....

Quality is really nice. Shipping was fast. Like 4 days.

FYI bracket on the front seems to work just fine with the Pugi crash bars.

·
Registered
198 Posts
... no nuts included.... ARRRGGGG.... The story of my luck with this bike...
OregonMike it has nothing to do with luck. You bought an A D V E N T U R E - bike. 0:)

Let see some pics when your toys are mounted.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Got the SW Motech skid plate - looks great but probably too thin for any serious off road banging - and too damn buzzy.

Not sure if it's just mine - but definitely a rattler (buzzer).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts