StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello group, I have a ‘19 1000XT that needs a skid plate. I’m looking at the Ravetech, Happy Trails, and Enduro Guardian. My question is, what plate will give me the most ground clearance? Thanks!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Since the ground clearance isn't very much on this bike compared to enduro bkes, I would focus on the strongest skid plate you can get. One that connects to the frame versus the engine. My skid plate came from T Rex and is a bit much,
the clearance not that great, but I ride ATV trails and I hear the sticks and rocks hitting it All the time and feel good about the rugged nature of it.

·
Administrator
18,295 Posts
If you are doing pavement 90% of the time with perhaps a bit of gravel or hardpack, then what you have now is more than enough protection, unless you are just going more for that off road capable look like most Jeep owners do. ;)

·
Registered
450 Posts
I have happy trails and I'd say I lost 1/2" at most. It's pretty rugged. The only thing I don't care for is how close it is to the header pipe in front. But that may be the same with most of them.

·
2015 DL650
202 Posts
Another option to throw out there. I recently added the raising links from AdventureTech. Rich has 2 options, 7/8" and 1 1/8". Maybe a more cost effective solution than getting another skid plate. They were something like $50, easy install as well.

I went with the 7/8" links, center stand is still usable, slightly more lean on the side stand but still useable. It did give me back the clearance I lost from my skid plate.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts