StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed Yann's Skid Plate and Hwy bars over the weekend on my 12 Adv.. Easy quick install. Fits great. It's nice to stretch out my legs on a long ride. Just for everyone's FYI

·
Registered
118 Posts
Installed Yann's Skid Plate and Hwy bars over the weekend on my 12 Adv.. Easy quick install. Fits great. It's nice to stretch out my legs on a long ride. Just for everyone's FYI
Post a picture when you get a second, I'd like to see how they mate up with the crashbar.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do a search, there is a link to a video of him installing one on a 2012 with the highway bars. I will try to find it again and post it here later.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
does anyone know if Yann's skidplat (or any skidplate for that matter) changes the vibration complaint on the '12 adv model?
I can't tell any increase or decrease in the vibration other than in the highway bars. You can feel the vibration in those bars more so than in the standard pegs. I have the talked about vibration at about 47 to 49 hundred RPM. If I'm over or below that it has less vibration. Still not a problem, just noticeable. I have the adv. model with factory bars. Yann's skidplate bolts to those bars and to a bar that you mount under the bike.

·
Registered
2 Posts
First time poster, short time forum follower with spanking new 2012 adventure 650. I've been perusing all your wisdom here for the skid plate and definitely sold on Yann's when I'm ready to make the call (funds needed). However, I'm not quite sold on his hwy pegs after seeing his youtube videos. Can anyone comment on hwy pegs, especially for use with Yann's skid plate, or is Yann's pegs as top notch as his plate?

Thanks!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
First time poster, short time forum follower with spanking new 2012 adventure 650. I've been perusing all your wisdom here for the skid plate and definitely sold on Yann's when I'm ready to make the call (funds needed). However, I'm not quite sold on his hwy pegs after seeing his youtube videos. Can anyone comment on hwy pegs, especially for use with Yann's skid plate, or is Yann's pegs as top notch as his plate?

Thanks!
Yann's highway bars look a little different than some but they are well built and strong. They also fold up out of the way if you don't want to use them. I ride daily so they get used daily. I've had them on for about 600 miles and have no complaints on them. They are built to do a job and they do it. I will also have to add that I'm 6'2" and my legs are stretched out when using them. I really like that part, some may not. There is a small amount of adjustment up down depending on where you put the bolts that connect to the crash bars. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
635 Posts
I passed on the highway bars for now, as I don't really do a lot of longer rides. But I like the idea that you can easily add them later, or even remove them if you wanted and put them on only for longer rides.

I'm getting the skidplate in the aluminum, black powder coated.

I also asked about a radiator guard realizing he hadn't fully fitted one on the '12 yet. He said it was my lucky day and the prototype fit fine and they made a second one while they were at it and he's selling it to me! I asked him to number it for me, it might be collectable one day! :lol1:

Great guy to deal with, responded within minutes to my email order last night and the product is on a UPS truck today on it's way to my house!

I like to support the little guy when I can, although Yann is not exactly "little" if you've seen the videos....

·
Registered
43 Posts
Just installed yanns skidplate and highway bars on my Vee. Great fit. The highway bars are a liitle long for my 29in inseam, but not too bad. For a shorter rider they might be a reach. Its nice to have a place to streatch out just a bit.

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
skid plate

Post a picture when you get a second, I'd like to see how they mate up with the crashbar.
Here is more info.

If you want to order, just send me an e-mail with your order, and I will send you a paypal invoice. Send me your zip code so I can figure out the shipping. Once paypal invoice is paid, I can ship everything out ASAP. Also specify if you want up grade hardware. Also, let me know if you want steel, aluminum, or stainless for the skid plate. Also, the skid plate is universal, it fits the DL650, The DL1000 and the New Dl650 2012.

I also have Hwy pegs, Radiator guards, and lift kits.

Down below are links to the You Tube videos I have made for the install of the products I make. Check it out if you get a chance, they will answer a lot of your questions.

The new 2012 Wee pics:
http://www.stromtrooper.com/765465-post76.html

Here is a link if you haven't seen everything I make. Both links will show you the same thing. One is a ADV rider link and the other is a Stromtrooper link. Some people can open one and not the other. So here they both are. You may have to join the blog, but it’s free. Very informative site if you don’t already know.

Stromtrooper link:
http://www.stromtrooper.com/698769-post53.html

Adv link: Adventure riders. It's also pretty recent.

Skid plates, HWY pegs, Radiator guards, oil cooler guards, lift kits for the V-stroms - ADVrider

Any questions, call or email me.

Here are videos on the installations:

HWY pegs installation:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hi2c2...feature=colike
Skid plate installation:
Enduro Guardian step by step skid plate installation 2012.wmv - YouTube

[email protected]
yann D.
ENDURO GUARDIAN Products
(541)912-1205

·
Registered
635 Posts
I received my skid plate and radiator guard yesterday!

Very nice pieces of work. Very well packaged.

Here is the aluminum skid plate awaiting the Givi crash bars....

But the real treat was the signed and numbered radiator guard! No. 001!

Now my bike has provenance....:wink:

While I was cleaning up the bike and the radiator, I was really surprised how many dings and pings there already were at just 2,000 miles. Hopefully this will make a big difference in the radiator lifespan.

A quick mounting note for anyone else or Yann, I kept the original nut/flange/clip on as it served as a perfect spacer for the mounting tab of the guard. It is a larger size nut that allows the bolt Yann supplied to pass through it to the lock nut, also supplied. Without the original nut in place there is a 1/4" air gap between the guard and the mounting tab..

I can't wait to get my Givi crash bars so I can get this skid plate mounted!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I received my skid plate and hwy pegs about 10 days from Yann. I installed everything last weekend and found that if you follow Yann’s directions and videos the installation is pretty straight forward. The only thing that is a bit difficult is taking out the bolts for the kickstand. Didn’t think the highway pegs were a necessity, but ordered them anyway. Monday I went for a three and 1/2 hour ride and found out how nice it is to be able to stretch the legs out.

·
Registered
6 Posts
really good quality skid plate; love the hiway pegs.
Only small nitpick is that some of the fasteners are Imperial, so tools from the bike won't fit. Minor concern.
Great product ! :thumbup:

1 - 20 of 52 Posts