StromTrooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right now I'm thinking I like the GIVI TN532 Crashbars/Engine Guards and the SW-MOTECH aluminum engine guard/skidplate. Anyone know if they work together? Does this provide good protection or if there others that offer more protection? What about putting some highway pegs on the crashbars, do you think those would be useful on a long trip to change up position or should be money just be spent on a better seat?

Thanks,

J

·
Clever Title
515 Posts
You may need an adapter. Ask the distributor- I believe the folks at Twisted Throttle would be able to tell you exactly what you need to do. If not that, the Amotostuff skid plate can be ordered with the hardware to bolt it to the Givi bars.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have the Pat Walsh set up on my DL650 and have been very happy with it. His customer service is second to none. Some say it is not as attractive as the others and early on his cross bar hit the front fender under hard braking. The latter issue is fixed with a v bend in the cross bar. I think my bike looks just fine with it installed. I have not dropped the bike and hope not to to try out the protective end of it.
MEL

·
Registered
961 Posts
Hepco Becker crash bars are stronger and taller, adventure moto skid plate is thicker and stronger.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have the SW-Motech guards and skid plate and they look good, but don't protect as much of the sides as the Hepco Beckers on my F650. There were some warnings on the skid plate only working with the SW-Motech guards, but that could just be a matter of drilling holes or an adaptor plate.

·
Registered
800 Posts
I went with the Hepco and Becker Crash Bars and the Adventure Motostuff skid plate. The H&B bars are great, replace the bolts though, highway pegs fit right on them. The skid bounced off of roots, rocks and dirt in South Dakota. I did bend the bolts and rear cross member though.

I would still go with the same setup.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I went with the Hepco and Becker Crash Bars and the Adventure Motostuff skid plate. The H&B bars are great, replace the bolts though, highway pegs fit right on them. The skid bounced off of roots, rocks and dirt in South Dakota. I did bend the bolts and rear cross member though.

I would still go with the same setup.
Ok, sounds like this might be the best set up. I don't like the look of the Pat Walsh design quite as much even though they are cheaper and probably work as well.

Now I will just have to get searching where the best place to buy the stuff is. Seems like Twisted Throttle might be the easiest.

J

·
Registered
137 Posts
Ok, sounds like this might be the best set up. I don't like the look of the Pat Walsh design quite as much even though they are cheaper and probably work as well.

Now I will just have to get searching where the best place to buy the stuff is. Seems like Twisted Throttle might be the easiest.

J
Went with GIVI bars (accidental testing in non-rider-involved tipover proved their worth) and a homebrew skidplate.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Vega25 has the SW-Motech crashbars and skid plate...........wiped out this past weekend on a forest service road and the bars protected the bike perfectly with only a scratch on the carsh bars and the skid plate did it's job.

You will get supporters for each. Comes down to personal preference. I have the SW-Motech setup as well and it looks great and from a pretty bad crash the evidence is there.

Oh well, not to make it complicated but there you go. Here is the picture (side view):

·
Registered
961 Posts

J
Check out Adventure Moto LLC.com

1 - 10 of 10 Posts