StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"Fixin'" to install some Sonic Springs on my DL1000. I am thinking about using these new SKF fork seals but can not find a source or part number.

Any suspension gurus have any ideas?

Thank You.

uncaged

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I did find them...

·
Registered
15,541 Posts
For, grins, why SKF? I got a set of seals and dust shield from the local dealer, gen-u-wine Suzuki. Is the SKF mo bettah?
I just realized I got these 3 years ago. Fork still periodically leaking but no ill effects.
Seals and dust covers cost 63 bucks 3 years ago, What do the SKF cost now?

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
SKF

Supposed to be the best out there, I have no experience either way, about the same price. I am doing the fork springs and figured I would use them...

uncaged

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have been building suspensions with OEM (NOK) seals for years and they worked fine. Last year the SKF US distributor and warehouse moved here to Boise just down from my house. I have been familiar with SKF bearing and seal quality for years so I started using them in my suspension business. The quality is outstanding. In fact, the friction reduction with using SKF seals and dust seals is great enough to actually feel it. I had to stiffen up my compression clickers 2 clicks on my KTM after switching to SKF seals. To date, zero failures.

The part number you need is KIT43S for your bike. I stock them so PM me or send me an email from my website if you want me to quote them for you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts