StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I looked but couldn't find what I needed. I'm 6'4" and ride a 08 v-1000 I would like to trade for a 13 v-650 I'm wondering if the 650 is physically smaller than the old 1000, cant tell much in the show room and sales guy thought I was wacky when I wanted him to wheel it out side beside mine. Just don't want to look like i,m riding a mini bike. Thanks. bete.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
I'm 6'4". The newer 650 (12-up) does feel smaller (though I've only sat on one , not ridden it) than my 2012 1000. But , I've set my bike up for my size , so that probably has a bearing on my viewpoint.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
Both bikes have virtually the same main frame. The 650 has a longer wheelbase. Compare at Motorcycle Ergonomics

The only part of the 650 that would feel more cramped is the closer seat to peg distance. A taller seat and/or a footpeg lowering kit will take care of that.

·
Registered
964 Posts

I had an '05 Vee and now have a 12' Glee. The Glee feels smaller because of the smaller fairing/ dash, the stock seat is lower. Otherwise, as noted, it's largely the same frame.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts