StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay. I'm finally getting my bike choice narrowed down. It looks like it's between a used F800GS, a used R1150GSA and a NEW V-Strom 650XT based on my needs / requirements.

My question is this...
How much smaller (physically) is the wee-strom when compared to the V-Strom 1000? Does it feel a lot different when sitting on it? Does it feel substantially smaller than the F800GS? Does it feel smaller than a new KLR 650?

Thanks fellas. Sorry to be a pain.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'm pretty sure the wee and the vee are similar in size. You really need to go sit on all of them and hopefully even test ride all of them to decide whats best for you. If a lower seat height is whats best for you then lowering links and dropping the forks along with a low seat are options for the wee and vee.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Have you sat on a KLR or F800GS? Those are tall bikes. The 650XT is going to feel significantly smaller than those especially with the low seat. Difference between the new 1000 and the 650XT, eh, not much, if you have the same height seat on 'em. The new DL1000 feels a lot more like the 650 to me than my 2007 DL1000, which feels much more top heavy.

·
Registered
46 Posts
moving from f650gs twin to wee, the wee felt bigger at first. after 2 months and 600 miles it now feels the perfect size to me...

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
The V2 isn't much bigger than the 650XT. At first my mind tricked me I to believing it was bigger because of the engine sizes but have found that they're really not much different. Also, I can tell the V2 is bigger though from what I store my bike in because I have a harder time closing it then with my 650XT

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
I found the first gen bikes 04-11 650/1000 to be the biggest
The new 1000 is smaller then the old 650, it's a lot narrower. But it's a bit taller. My friend had an 08 650 and he was fine on it but is on tipy toes on the 1000.
The new 650 is smaller then the new 1000.

The KLR 650 is smaller then any of the Vstroms but the seat sits a couple inches higher.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
Compare at Motorcycle Ergonomics
If the XT is not on the list, the 2012 and up DL650 is exactly the same size.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts