StromTrooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know of an aftermarket shift lever that would allow me to wear proper foot wear? Can't get my size 13 Red Wings under the lever and raising the lever would be inconvenient as I already have to occasionally lift my foot off the peg in order to catch the ratchet fo the next down shift.

Thanks, Mike

·
Registered
53 Posts
The shift lever for the Strom is pretty unique. I don't know of anyone making a longer one. It sounds like you may have to modify your existing lever. If you are not into fabing and welding, then take it to a shop that does. For them it's an easy mod and maybe cheaper than a replacement.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Size 13's

Well, I have those banana boat size 13's, too. Tho mine are not in Redwings. I adjusted my shift lever and its not too bad now. I get my boot under the lever for upshifts, but I do have to pick up my foot usually on the downshifts. I suggest you try adjusting a bit more before you go to the expense of replacement or refabbing. Good luck with it!

·
Registered
236 Posts
I only have size 12's, but I've found a lot of standard boots are too thick in the toe as cause clearance issues.

A motorcycle-specific boot tapers down more and is much easier to ride with, and if you look around there are some others out there as well with a thinner profile.

Check out Boot World if you have one near, and look at some of the different profiles.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: shift lever

Thanks for the info. The tourtech lever looks interesting - the direct fit on the shaft would seem extend it quite a bit. I'll play around with the various suggestions and let you folks know what happens.

Peace, Mike

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have size 15 EEE boots - and I have ordered the tourtech shifter to see if it will make a difference. Right now I am using the overlaping edge of the sole plate on the ball of my foot to lift the shifter. (if you can imagine the shifter rides on the inside edge of the ball of my foot about 2" behind the knuckle on my big toe) It gets a little uncomfortable but not too bad. I'll report back when I get the tourtech shifter.

Steve

·
Premium Member
4,451 Posts
BGS

I do not think the tourtech will help you much. It would be designed for the majority of riders. You obviously are not in that category. Spend the money as suggested by Fearless and mod the stocker to YOUR dimensions. A custom fit might be the best thing for you.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Problem Solved

Got the shifter extended 1 inch. It seems like an easy job as it was ready the next day and only cost $20 CDN. Got pics, but do not know any "publically accessed web server". Anyhow, extra length added near toe. Barely visible.
Works perfectly for me.

Later, Mike

·
Premium Member
4,451 Posts
Mike

Good for you and your flippers. No doubt your comfort level just went up.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts