StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I put it on Friday and we went for a couple hour ride. Starting off in the mid 50's and finishing up in the mid 70's. Comfortable to sit on with great airflow around the "nether regions"馃槈.
It got SWMBO's seal of approval and her main observation is that it was more "slidey" than the stock seat. Went out for a solo ride today from upper 40's to upper 70's and it was comfortable at both ends of the temp spectrum, albeit a tad cool in the upper 40's. Noticeably very comfortable at 78f. I did shorten the velcro strips that are fasteners under theseat and I bunched and ziptied the excess front end material together. I alsi bought some 8mil 3M film to put on the tank where the seat front material might rub. All in all, very happy with the SitnFly.

Registered
Sit N Fly: Wonky name, Great Product

I totally concur @Philbytx's review. I took mine off in October, as it flowed a little too much air when the temps got chillier. It makes the seat a little bit less firm to sit on and it doesn't stretch or bunch up once installed. 5 Stars.
Mine had been on the seat since early summer, and when I took it off, there was some minor sand and topical stains on the seat, but it all came out with a wash with mild car wash soap. The 3M tape is probably a good precaution. I probably will put some on in the contact area before riding season, although I have no marring on my tank.

2015 DL650
I had the SitnFly on NC700X, it worked well there too. Just ordered one for my 1000XT.

Concerning the 3M Clear Paint Protection Film 8592, 8Mil Thick, I would appreciate some pics/ advice how others are applying this. It does make sense that the mesh material could scrape the paint where it touches the tank. Seems to be a lot of different rolls and sizes. I was thinking of a small roll 3" x 60", and then cut and trim.

Thanks!

Registered
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I bought a 12" square of it from Amazon. VVivid Vinyl 12" x 12"

I will use paper as a template to cut around the raised metal tabs at the rear of the tank (at the front of the seat)and then overlay that on the 3M square.
Dewaxing the tank where the film will go and then a Dawn liquid and water mix sprayed on the tank will then get it slid into place. Will do it tmw as I am getting over the 'flu.

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
Installed the 3m film today using my plan and it all worked out perfectly馃憤
I used a 6x12 section of the 12x12 and made a template using some printer paper, then laid it over the 3m film, traced it out and cut the film with sharp scissors. I had a flexible plastic smoothing wedge in my toolkit from a previous 3m film project and, with the Dawn spray, it took all of 5 mins to install.
Easy project and now I'm not concerned about any paint damage.

Registered
I have a SitnFly cover. It takes the edge of firmness off my Suzuki Gel seat. I like it but it does get chilly below 60 degrees. I have the cover off for the winter now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts