StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Most will know of recent issues we have been having online with email notifications, unviewable posts, etc etc.
With Admin not responding over the last few days to requests I attempted to contact them direct at https://www.verticalscope.com/

The Verticalscope website is down. All I can see is a blank page with the message - Temporary Error, please retry

Please be patient.

·
Super Moderator
16,867 Posts
Did and saw the same......very frustrating when we need help to be helpful. I cannot log into my Admin web portal because I am on a different IP address as in home, so I cannot log in until they verify that I'm not a spammer.

·
Official Stromtrooper.com Sponsor
5,145 Posts
Well, all is not lost. Vertical Scopes billing servers are in fine shape!

·
Super Moderator
5,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That is what I am thinking may be going on.
If correct all we can do is carry on with what we have and see what the future holds.
If wrong they will be back.

·
Premium Member
4,102 Posts
For what it's worth the Toronto Star (Torstar) has a controlling interest, 56%, in VerticalScope. Probably hedging their bets on print media. Sounds like they have been bleeding money though.

·
Super Moderator
16,867 Posts
Still no communication from any VS employees nor am I receiving the 4 authorization emails I need in order to do my job here as an Admin........somebody is going to get an ear full from me!!!!

·
Super Moderator
16,867 Posts
I don't know if this is related to the other problems, but the Vstrom picture thread is stuck on page 273 and wont go forward...

Likely just a page display setting on your profile, this happens when a thread becomes huge. I will take a peak at the thread however.......

·
Super Moderator
5,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Still no communication from any VS employees nor am I receiving the 4 authorization emails I need in order to do my job here as an Admin........somebody is going to get an ear full from me!!!!
Just to really stir the pot my IP address is about to change.

My current connection is via a cell phone wireless number. I am semi-rural.
A transfer to our national Broadband Network (which was meant to occur last August) is happening today, so, I will need an email to log in under a different IP address, just like you Big B. Jeez.
If I defer it I might wait months more.

·
Super Moderator
5,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
P.S.

Big B - The situation is not caused by anyone that you can speak to. Lately I have been seeing Admins with very low post counts - only 5 or 7 posts. They are probably in the same boat as us but were promised money for their efforts.

·
Registered
362 Posts
This thread did this a week or so ago too and then cleared up...now it's back again and I don't think it is any of my browser settings and no other site or thread does this... Perhaps a bad sector on the server hard drive ?

·
Super Moderator
5,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Admin (when they are there) often cure such problems by clearing a cache at their end. Please be patient.

·
Registered
4,822 Posts
Just in case you're keeping a running tally about strange issues on the site.....

Someone "liked" one of my comments on a thread. That same "like" reappears constantly in my notifications, no matter how many times I clear it by opening that post. While it's always nice when someone likes something you wrote, it's starting to feel like having a weirdly affectionate Aunt.

·
Super Moderator
16,867 Posts
This is becoming ridiculous

I'm so pissed off at Vertical Scope right now REGARDLESS of what is going on, the fact that NOBODY has responded to myself or Brockie and we cannot fully perform our functions here as Admins.......totally unacceptable. They run a business, this is a business for them, I would be fired were I ignoring my customers and or not communicating with them. We are volunteers here helping to run this forum, must admit that I miss the days when this forum was privately owned and operated.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts