StromTrooper banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was trying to access my notifications, but when I do the site takes me to "new subscribed threads". I've logged out and logged back in again, but the problem persists. This just started occurring today, right before I posted this.

I also notice that my avatar isn't appearing, and the thumbnails for my photo albums that appear on my profile page aren't showing up either.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,049 Posts
I'm seeing your avatar. What browser or app are you using?

·
Registered
4,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Firefox, whatever the most recent version is.

I'm actually not seeing anyone's avatars in their posts.

This literally just happened when I made my initial post. I checked my notifications for "likes", which took me to the usual page that shows all the likes on a post. Then I went back to notifications to check the post quotes, and I was taken to the "new subscribed posts" page.

I've tried the site using Google Chrome, and get the same problem. The site does work correctly when I access it with my phone (a Droid Turbo).

·
38,049 Posts
Now we wait for an administrator.

·
Registered
4,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've had U-Block Origins installed for about a year now; it has never caused any problems with the site in the past. Just to check, I turned the ad blocker off for the site. It made no difference.

·
Super Moderator
5,149 Posts
Starting today I am having the exact same symptoms described by RCinNC while using Opera on my Windows 10 desktop PC. Yesterday all was fine and I have made no alterations at all to my system or added any virus or add blockers, or any other software.

·
Registered
4,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Disabling Adblock (I have UBlock Origin) didn't have any effect. So far, the only thing I've been able to get to work and allow me to access the site correctly was to get to the site via the incognito window in Chrome. Something has obviously gone wrong since this morning, because this morning I was able to get to the site via Firefox, in a regular window, with no additional computer gymnastics. I haven't made any changes to my computer at all, so whatever is going on, it's not because I changed some settings or added any new software.

·
Registered
4,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OK, just an update for the admins....

I can now access the site with normal functions on Firefox if I disable Ublock Origins. This didn't work earlier today, so I don't have a clue why it works now. Same goes for Chrome...if I disable Ublock Origins, I can access the site. This fix didn't work earlier today either.

·
Administrator
1,128 Posts
Hey RCinNC,

You need to go into the WhiteList menu for the app, and add Verticalscope to that list and this shouls allow you to see the avatars again without turning off the Ublock.

Let me know if you have any more issues.

~ Glenda

·
Super Moderator
16,867 Posts
I'm having all these issue on my iPad running safari, I have changed nothing on my side. Has there been yet more security measures placed on this forum or other changes?

·
38,049 Posts
I just tried Safari on my iPhone. No issues.

·
Super Moderator
16,867 Posts
I simply shut off Adblock and now I'm good, there has to have been more forum security changes or similar ......I'm getting irritated with it.

·
Registered
4,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey RCinNC,

You need to go into the WhiteList menu for the app, and add Verticalscope to that list and this shouls allow you to see the avatars again without turning off the Ublock.

Let me know if you have any more issues.

~ Glenda
Whitelisting doesn't work. I whitelisted both Verticalscope and Stromtroopers, and it doesn't have any effect. The only way I can access the site is by completely turning off UBlock Origins.

·
Administrator
1,128 Posts
Ublock you have to add a rule rather than whitelist

1. Go to ublock’s dashboard
2. Go to My Rules Tab
3. Under temporary rules click edit
4. At the top of the list put in * verticalscope.com * allow
a. This is complete with the * and spaces between
5. Hit save
6. Hit commit
7. Refresh the site