StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it just me or is it a bit of a production getting it on the seat and getting the seat on the bike, are you guys stapling it on or doing any cutting?

·
Registered
204 Posts
I was interested in these covers but after trying three times to contact them about buying one, my inquiries remain unanswered. Must be nice to be so busy that you can't be bothered answering such requests.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Is it just me or is it a bit of a production getting it on the seat and getting the seat on the bike, are you guys stapling it on or doing any cutting?
No, it is a tube, so I just slipped it on, worked a bit to adjust it, and then discovered I had it on backwards. So I reversed it. Still had to fiddle with it to get it looking right, but it has been fine ever since. No issues taking off/putting on the seat. I like it.

·
Administrator
17,389 Posts
Looks like a big ole band-aid to me........

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Tried that too, but wasn't available for the DL1000A at the time I looked, so I tried to contact them directly on their FB page.
I did too they don't respond on their FB page, the 650 and 1000 should be the same size.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I also bought mine on eBay , in the notes before checkout I told them it was for a 2004 DL1000. They replied about 5 mins after I hit purchase with a thank you and sent me the correct size. I also put it on backwards but once I corrected that it it fit perfectly. For the money you can’t go wrong. Nice butt relief.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have one of these and love it! Is what you're talking about anything like this?

I actually put my Air Hawk under it with barely any air in it. Did 600+ and 500+ days back to back with no worries on my summer trip from San Antonio to BRP and then up to Canada/Upper Mich.

Suzuki DL650 V-Strom (2) - Ravetech

Attachments

·
Registered
4,034 Posts
The 650 size fits the 1000 anyway. They have quite a bit of stretch. Just make sure the fastenings underneath aren't over the seat lock etc.

First farkle on my 1000 and it does make the seat on the 1000 fairly tolerable. (Only one 800k day so far, no real issues).

·
Administrator
17,389 Posts
I just can't help but see something like below when referring to these seat covers. LOL They must work some, or so many wouldn't be buying them. :)

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
I just can't help but see something like below when referring to these seat covers. LOL They must work some, or so many wouldn't be buying them. :)

Hey, lookin good there BigB :yikes:

Reactions: chicago and Big B

·
Registered
840 Posts

I was surprised that you wore that at the Labor Day get together last year. But hey, only you could get away with it. >:)

Reactions: Big B

·
Registered
3,152 Posts

try one yourself and your comments will change, especially when its hot or when its wet.

You may be out of luck. Just looked and can't find any link to sit & fly seat cover any longer, just direct offers from China.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts