StromTrooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello fellow members,

I am new to the forum. I occasionally take my wife on my DL 650 and need a sissy bar but don't see a product which specifies for this bike. Any recommendations? V-Strom 650 2012.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Just purchased a Pirates Lair Back rest for my Vee, and I could not be happier
with it (thanks Craig!) The fit and finish are top-notch. It looks totally factory.
On of my riding partners assumed I bought it right from Suzuki.
Best of all, my wife likes it too
Andy

·
Registered
19 Posts
Application Years: Our VStrom Stealth backrest will fit every Suzuki VStrom with this rack That should be the 2002-2012 VStrom 1000 and the 2004-2011 VStrom 650. Suzuki changed the 650 factory rear rack in 2012. Our backrest is NOT compatible with this 2012 rack.. Make sure before you order.

·
Registered
187 Posts
"Our backrest is NOT compatible with this 2012 rack.. Make sure before you order."

OK so when will you have a backrest for the 2012's?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you for the replies. I have decided to go with the Corbin seat and back rest. Pricey, but then my ... is worth it. Seargent also has a similar product.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
438 Posts
Apparently, Dan Vesel's backrest should fit. It is $125.

Dan Vesel accesories

I am stopping in to let him use my 2012 as a template to design a bracket for the driver's backrest and some other things.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
Thank you for the replies. I have decided to go with the Corbin seat and back rest. Pricey, but then my ... is worth it. Seargent also has a similar product.
Sargent doesn't make a seat for the Glee yet.

·
Registered
438 Posts
The Corbin is an excellent design. I've seen some threads that indicate that they have poor customer service, but I am thinking of doing a "ride in" seat appointment nonetheless.

You may want to search the 2012 seat thread as there have been a few that have complained that it is very hard to fit.

I think your sweetie will love the new seatie. :yesnod:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts