StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm connecting a top box brake light on my 06 Wee. Using the Eastern Beaver tail light adapter with posi lock connectors.(thanks to this site I know about that stuff)

I can't find a small sheathed wire anywhere to run the wire?

Where can I buy a simple 2 wire cable that has a round sheathing and is black? It needs to run out of the bottom of the box and under the back rack I've tried HD. Lowes, radio shack, pep, local auto store, no one has it? Do I buy separate small diameter tubing? Why does no one at these stores have a clue?

Also, where is a recommended location for a disconnect so I can remove the box as needed?

Anyway, I love this bike. I was ready to give up riding after 2 years on a pokey little cruiser
Cheers

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
I just used a flat, 2-pole trailer connector liek this one:

It's waterproof, cheap (about $2) and available anywhere. I left enough slack under the box so that I could tilt it up and unplug the wire. When the box is on, you can't see the wiring. When it's off, I just tuck the unused plug under the luggage rack.

·
Premium Member
1,516 Posts
I'm connecting a top box brake light on my 06 Wee. Using the Eastern Beaver tail light adapter with posi lock connectors.(thanks to this site I know about that stuff)

I can't find a small sheathed wire anywhere to run the wire?

Where can I buy a simple 2 wire cable that has a round sheathing and is black? It needs to run out of the bottom of the box and under the back rack I've tried HD. Lowes, radio shack, pep, local auto store, no one has it? Do I buy separate small diameter tubing? Why does no one at these stores have a clue?

Also, where is a recommended location for a disconnect so I can remove the box as needed?

Anyway, I love this bike. I was ready to give up riding after 2 years on a pokey little cruiser
Cheers
You could always just use black 2 conductor lamp cord...

·
Registered
84 Posts
I'm not sure if they make it in that small of a wire gauge. But if you go to an electric supply store, not lowes or home depot, it is called S.O. cable. Round and black.

·
Premium Member
4,417 Posts
Run 2 wires, cover them with heat shrink tube and only shrink a couple of inches at each end. The heat shrink is available in different sizes and colours and, if you only shrink the ends, it remains flexible.

·
Registered
382 Posts
You could always just use black 2 conductor lamp cord...
+1

Some Lowe's and Home Depot stores will sell it by the foot.

Also, black extension cords are usually pretty cheap. Buy one and cut the ends off.

I also try to save wiring from old electronics that no longer work.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts