StromTrooper banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is an old bike with lift. Trying to find adjustable kick stand off aliexpress. Any other more popular bikes share the same kick stand?

Have used search button, no luck so far.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Make your own adjustable side stand. A hole in the bottom plate with a bolt and a couple of nuts (one nut on either side of the plate so you can lock the bolt out where ever you want it. You can weld a plate on the bottom of the bolt for more surface area. Or, if you don't have a welder you will need to be a bit more creative. I am a big DIY guy but then I have a shop full of tools and spare steel.
There are some aftermarket plates that attach to the bottom of the side stand which have more surface area to keep the bike from sinking in soft surfaces. They add length to the stand also.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea, I was looking at replacing. My kickstand is bent pretty good due to increased weight as a result of that angle for so long. Bending it back will work for a little bit, but the metal is already fatigued. To do your idea, I would have to order a replacement, which is 130 bucks from uncle Suzuki then mod it.

I'm just looking for a cheap alternative that's already made at aliexpress.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Not sure if this helps, but I have the adjustable stand from Soupy's for the V-Strom. I have the stand due to bike being lowered 1-1/4" with AdventureTech links. In my opinion, this stand would not work if the bike were any higher since the lean angle would be too much in the longest setting. As it is, it works OK. It was expensive and I had to also buy the foot for it to prevent sinking in even normal dirt.

If you go with an adjustable, USE LOCKTITE on the screws. 1 of 2 screws lost on mine.
Has been fine for years now with the Locktite though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts