StromTrooper banner

silver strom Hwy 64 south between Highlands and Cashiers

741 Views 6 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  Stromin'Nroman
Silver strom heading south out of Highlands NC towards Cashiers on hwy 64about 3:00 pm.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
268 Posts
You sure it wasn't black?

That is right about when I was there. Went up to Nantahala Lake area...what an awesome day:hurray: Not a big fan of 64, but that stretch just west of highlands (running eastbound) is freakin awesome! Jamie

· Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hwy 28

That is right about when I was there. Went up to Nantahala Lake area...what an awesome day:hurray: Not a big fan of 64, but that stretch just west of highlands (running eastbound) is freakin awesome! Jamie
Have you tried hwy 28 out of Walhalla to Highlands, also a great road. Then there is Warwoman rd to Clayton off of 28 in GA. :thumbup:

· Living the Stereotype
11,551 Posts
If you're lucky enough to catch it without traffic, it's spectacular.
With traffic it's agony.

· Registered
268 Posts
Have you tried hwy 28 out of Walhalla to Highlands, also a great road. Then there is Warwoman rd to Clayton off of 28 in GA. :thumbup:
I started getting 'bored' with my usual routes 178, 215, BRP, 276, etc...:green_lol: The past few weeks I've been taking I-85 :furious: to Easley exit and then 123 to Walhala. So I have taken 28 to Highlands and Warwomen back and forth from Clayton and they are awesome. I also have been doing 107 and 130 on the way back. The super cool road I am entranced with now is Wayah from 64 up to Lake Natahala. There are several forest roads off that, one of which I explored where I found a 1920 Ranger station and a couple of balds. Of course, this turns into a 9 hour day....

· Living the Stereotype
11,551 Posts
yessiree.....am sure my luck would not hold up there to much this time of year....but maybe september....
September is our secret time.

After the summer campers and before the leaf-lookers and the weather is usually perfect.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.