StromTrooper banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello-

Im new here to the Vstrom. Just picked up a 2005 650. Silly question but does anyone know what type of bulb is used in the turn signals. I do not have a owners manual.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
5,186 Posts
The part number 09471-12045 is correct, however it is a specialty bulb marked 2CT 12v 21w 9H3. With clear lenses (are yours clear?) the bulb is amber colored glass.
It is otherwise the same as a 1156 bulb, but that would mean you would have white indicators, which is surely illegal.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
If the indicator lenz cover is stock like my K5, then the lens is amber. The bulb is clear, not an amber color. The lens cover has screws hold it in place. As Brockie posted, the bulb is 12V 21W, as used in indicators on most cagers.

·
Super Moderator
5,186 Posts
I've checked further and the clear lenses/coloured bulb was only introduced with the K9 model of 2009. Previous models had clear blubs.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Replace them with high intensity LED's and a new flasher relay and people will actually see where you are indicating!
...yeah, I tried to search a bit here but couldn't directly find this. Want to swap out both turn signals and headlights but cannot find info on what bulbs would fit (that'll be easy to find) but more importantly what I'd need as far as an LED-compatible relay. You don't happen to have somewhere I can look into that more, do you?

- mike

1 - 12 of 12 Posts