StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed that on occasion my signature will show the last signature that I used rather than the latest one. This is not a case of just changing the signature and needing to update. I changed my sig a week ago, and today saw the previous signature for a bit.

Weird.. any thoughts why this happens?

Saw this today:

...2012 97,000+ km, 60,000+ miles

Yet here is what is in the signature:

...2012 100,000+ km, 62,000+ miles.

Thanks,

..Tom

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,047 Posts
I wonder if the sig is too long so the new one doesn't get accepted.

·
Cowboys aint easy to love
2,112 Posts
It's not like it's the end of the world ... but I changed mine from

"DL1000K6 Red I believe in ... gravity!" (quotes not included)

to

"Stromless I believe in ... gravity!"

and also got V-tom's unwanted result, which remains. My substitution was three characters shorter than the former phrase...

and for the first time, with posting this item, "Stromless" appeared. It's flaky -- let's not try to explain or understand it.

·
38,047 Posts
I'm seeing the Stromless sig now.

·
Premium Member
4,960 Posts
Tom, I believe you're suffering from temporal displacement.

Back up and try again.

On second though, that might just be the problem.

Go forward and try again.

Repeat as necessary.

Glad to be of assistance. You can thank me later.

:beatnik:

·
Super Moderator
13,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Tom, I believe you're suffering from temporal displacement.

Back up and try again.

On second though, that might just be the problem.

Go forward and try again.

Repeat as necessary.

Glad to be of assistance. You can thank me later.

:beatnik:
I already thanked you later.

..Tom

·
Super Moderator
13,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was showing properly earlier today or yesterday. No changes on my part. I'll try shortening it anyway.

..Tom
Here we go again!

Changed my sig to reflect 105,000 km yesterday. It seemed to display correctly yesterday but now is back to previous version, at least that's what I'm seeing. I checked at edit signature and it still shows the 105,000 km but not when I view the signature in a message.

..Tom

·
38,047 Posts
A check of your profile shows the change. I don't get it.

·
Super Moderator
13,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Premium Member
4,960 Posts
I just re-edited the signature and I see the new one. Perhaps it needs two edits to take?

Lets see if it sticks overnight...

..Tom
All I can see on your sig line is a cauliflower that looks like it's on a surfboard. What the hell is that anyway?

And the text is all cyrillic. Are you Russian?

Maybe your wife can help. She seems like a capable woman.

·
Super Moderator
13,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
All I can see on your sig line is a cauliflower that looks like it's on a surfboard. What the hell is that anyway?

And the text is all cyrillic. Are you Russian?

Maybe your wife can help. She seems like a capable woman.
My wife is incredibly capable!

I'm glad you see that image behind my signature! It's a watermark that few can see...It's me on a windsurfer in Santorini! Yes I've put on a few pounds. :( do you see the goat as well?

..Tom

·
Cowboys aint easy to love
2,112 Posts
My wife is incredibly capable!

I'm glad you see that image behind my signature! It's a watermark that few can see...It's me on a windsurfer in Santorini! Yes I've put on a few pounds. :( do you see the goat as well?

..Tom
On Santorini, goats are for eating!

The more I think about the signature problem, I figure it's a "feature" of the way our OS's use caching. If so, then its a local feature rather than a site bug.

·
Super Moderator
16,229 Posts
I too have seen mine magically change, found that pretty strange.

·
Super Moderator
13,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
On Santorini, goats are for eating!

The more I think about the signature problem, I figure it's a "feature" of the way our OS's use caching. If so, then its a local feature rather than a site bug.
I have seen the old signatures on Explorer, Chrome, (I think) Firefox, my iPad and on my Blackberry Q10. Several different OS's and different browsers.

If it's a local feature (ie caching) you would expect it to show the last signature displayed but in this case it usually has been showing the current signature and then switches back to the previous one. I seem to be able to show the proper signature by making a "change" in the signature (ie delete a character, put the character back and save.)

..Tom

·
Super Moderator
13,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It seems to be at it again.. I changed my sig to show 110,000 km last night. The signature shows that it took in the signature edit screen but the last signature is displayed. Only checked on the iPad so far.

..Tom

1 - 20 of 25 Posts