StromTrooper banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone used the Sidi Crossfire boot. Im looking for top of the line foot protection and these look like the ticket. Had some other sport touring boots but got my ankle smashed recently. Mx boots seem to have far more solid protection but i want something with good range of motion. Any input.

·
Forum Admin
11,174 Posts
I just ordered these http://www.newenough.com/setup_gran_prix_h2o_boots_page.htm from newenough.com

They seemed a good compormise with the extra protection in the shin area.

I hope to have them by the end of the week and I should be able to let you know what I think of them.

Paul's Comments: Setup is an Italian designed boot being imported to the US by the same folks that bring us Sidi boots. The construction of the boots is very similar in appearance and construction to other top brands we carry, but the emphasis on these boots will be to offer the same quality boot at a lower price. To do this, Setup is marketing without the use of major endorsements and expensive advertising, but rather they are relying on features, quality and price alone. Will it work? Who knows, but we feel this boot offers very good value for the money. The Gran Prix H20 is a waterproof sport/street design with protective features in all the right areas (see list above). To make the boot comfortable for street riding, the soles are slightly more substantial than racing boots, so they provide some cushion and support (rather than being a thin hard rubber). The closure zipper is well made and the Velcro closure over the zipper makes them very secure. Like other Italian designs, this boot is made of a synthetic leather. Sidi and Alpinestars use Lorica brand material, but this boot uses a similar non-branded material... again, to keep the cost down. To me, the look and feel is identical. This boot uses a "Tepor" lining (similar product as Gore-Tex) to provide the waterproof feature. This is the same brand material used in Sidi waterproof boots (no good generic waterproof lining materials I guess :).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts