StromTrooper banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have seen something for the Wee but not the Vee... Anyone make a sidestand foot add on the the 1000. Tired of dents in my driveway and tin cans....

Mark

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,104 Posts

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,104 Posts
Given Rick's information, I'd ask if it will clear a center stand if you have one.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Rick's kickstand solution...

I'm using Rick's larger bolt-on foot pad. It does contact the exhaust pipe on the kickstand side, but I haven't seen any ill effects from that contact (yet). Thought the contact might cause a problem with the kickstand switch, but it hasn't. I like the larger footprint this add-on gives the kickstand, much less tendency to sink into a soft surface.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hey, Mississippi. Do you also have a center stand? Any issues?

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
I bolted a hockey puck to mine, which also helped correct the outrageous lean angle. I don't have a centerstand, so YMMV, etc.

My other two bikes are wearing Sink-no-Bobs -- ugly, but they work extremely well. I can't tell if you can still order these things, though -- the company seems to have vanished.

·
Registered
780 Posts
I welded a very large washer to my sidestand....no problems

·
Registered
86 Posts
Hey Nyparrothead,

I hear your concern bub. My Vee, same issue as well as the side stand being too weak and bending causing more of a lean on the bike...not a bad thing, just not a plesant thought knowing your side stand is weak sauce.
Solution- I bought a center stand from Suzuki(same price accross the board and its a solid fit and really good engineering, solid welds, high quality steel and hardware). Center stand works great and I beefed up the side stand and put her back on. Center stand will run you about 260-280 depending on where you go and if they have any special dicounts :)

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hi,

I have a center stand.. I would like to use the side stand without worrying that it will drive itself into the ground

Mark

·
Registered
631 Posts
I just TIG'd a new pad on to the existing foot. Slight trim fitting and work with the belt sander, it clears the exhaust by 1/8".

I hit the bead blasted section with primer and paint, we'll see how it works out this weekend. The bike should be good to go on surfaces it previously sank into to as the new foot has 4.5x the surface area.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts