StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed the other day that my sidestand has quite a lot of lateral play.

What I mean is that if I put the bike on the centerstand, extend the sidestand, and pull up and down on the end of it it moves quite a bit. The cause of this is that the slot in the stand is much wider than the thickness of the bracket.

I didn't notice this when I first got the bike, but I wasn't looking for it either, so now I'm wondering if this is normal and was hoping some of the rest of you could check yours and tell me whether you're seeing the same thing.

·
Premium Member
598 Posts
I've noticed that when I settle the bike onto the sidestand, it does continue to lean even after the sidestand contacts the ground - the same thing that you discovered, I think. Don't really understand why, but it's been like that all along.

·
Registered
376 Posts
I noticed the other day that my sidestand has quite a lot of lateral play.
What I mean is that if I put the bike on the centerstand, extend the sidestand, and pull up and down on the end of it it moves quite a bit. The cause of this is that the slot in the stand is much wider than the thickness of the bracket.
The through bolt (#2) has a shoulder on it that doesn't allow the "forked" portion (#1) to be pulled down closer to the stationary part (#6). Mine had a LOT of slop, and I machined (in a lathe) the shoulder down on the bolt so the stand would be pulled tighter on the bracket (I think the fork portion had spread over time). A washer under the bolt head would likely do the same...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts