StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
I bot one from Touratech. It's a little expensive (around $38 with shipping), but it bolts right on. I don't ever park in grass or dirt, but I ride the wee to my office quite a bit in the summer and was more concerned about poking holes in my landlord's asphalt. Problem solved.

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
I bolted a regulation hockey puck to my Vee's kickstand. Made in Czechoslovakia, $1.99 at the local sporting goods emporium.

Not my idea originally, but damn, it works great. :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
2,911 Posts
???

I'm not near my bike so I cannot verify..........but isn't there a hole in the bottom of the kickstand "foot" already?? If so, seems like an easy DIY fix?? (I could be totally wrong........usually am....:headbang:)

·
Cat Herder
2,480 Posts
Try these guys... they are a local NW start-up company, all products made in the USA, so they cost a little more than the chineese junk, but a lot of guys around here think there products are top-shelf!

http://www.altrider.com/altrider-side-stand-foot-for-suzuki-v-strom-dl1000/pcid/328-1
The guys (and ladies) over at AltRider do rock...but since our OP has a DL650, that foot won't work for him. The DL650 foot will be out shortly, and will clear the Suzuki centerstand (I'm positive on this :thumbup:). They'll probably need to confirm for other centerstands.

·
Registered
875 Posts
The guys (and ladies) over at AltRider do rock...but since our OP has a DL650, that foot won't work for him. The DL650 foot will be out shortly, and will clear the Suzuki centerstand (I'm positive on this :thumbup:). They'll probably need to confirm for other centerstands.
How do you know this? I want one.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Being a previous KLR owner I tend to go low tech (read as cheap). I use a sufficiently sized hole saw to cut out discs from a piece of 1/2" plywood. I also tie a string in the middle hole that is long enough to reach just below the tank, I loop that over part of the frame so once I've mounted the bike I can just pull it up and tuck it in my pocket. If I forget and leave it behind I'm out a few pennies and since its wood and twine its biodegradable.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Ive got the touratech and vstroma centerstand.
Plate rubbed centerstand so ground it back a little where it interfered with centerstand.
Love it
Mike

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
I just use a electrical box cover plate. It even has holes already drilled to attach a piece of nylon cord. I keep it in a pocket on the side of my tank with one end of the cord attached to the zipper pull.
It worked even in sand.

·
Cat Herder
2,480 Posts
How do you know this? I want one.
Because I work less than 10 minutes from their office. They have their own DL1000 to test fit stuff on, but not a DL650.

New skidplate and crash bars mounted

The DL650 skidplate will be out soon too. Very very nice bit of kit.

I just purchased and installed the AltRider bars last night. :hurray:

·
Registered
55 Posts
I just use a electrical box cover plate. It even has holes already drilled to attach a piece of nylon cord. I keep it in a pocket on the side of my tank with one end of the cord attached to the zipper pull.
It worked even in sand.

This

I have a cover on a string. Just pull it up and go...

1 - 20 of 39 Posts