StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed a foot extender for my kickstand on my 2018 V Strom xt1000. My question is anyone who has installed on of these kickstand foot extenders, does your kickstand foot lay flat on the ground or is it angled up a little or toe up in other words. I installed my extender from R&G and the bottom does not completely come in contact with the ground, it angles up a little and is not flush. It seems to work just fine and it's nice and tight and secure. There is only one possible way to install it and really no room for play or movement. The kickstand has a tab on the back of it where the extender comes in contact with which gives it no room to move any other way. Tell me how yours is even if it's a different brand foot extender. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
Nice. Looks like it is properly installed to me.

I believe that the larger size is to give better support on soft ground. That the bottom does not make full contact on hard surfaces should not be an issue.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
16,862 Posts
Should be totally flat, not sure why that isn't doing so? I assume the OEM stand foot is completely flat without the foot installed? I'd get ahold of the seller and tell them what's going on, my Adventuretech foot most certainly doesn't do that.

·
Premium Member
2,479 Posts
Should be totally flat, not sure why that isn't doing so? I assume the OEM stand foot is completely flat without the foot installed? I'd get ahold of the seller and tell them what's going on, my Adventuretech foot most certainly doesn't do that.
BigB- My Adventure Tech foot on my 2018 1000 is that way too.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
It certainly won't hurt the way it is. If you get on hot asphalt or soft dirt the heal will sink a small amount than then the rest will make contact and you're bike will stand tall and proud like the mighty oak.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well I watched a few videos from R&G and the only thing I got out of that was they say give it time for it to break in or wear in. They state it's like a new shoe and eventually it will break in and fit the stand. I guess since the bike is brand new and their are no alterations to the suspension or height it will take a little time to settle.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
BigB- My Adventure Tech foot on my 2018 1000 is that way too.
So are you saying it's flat or it's slightly raised in the front? Some brands look like they have a tapered bottom surface or slanted. The one I have has a completely flat surface which may not contour to the curvature of the kickstand.

·
Super Moderator
5,142 Posts
I would not be concerned. As others have said, in soft ground it will do its job.
"They state it's like a new shoe and eventually it will break in and fit the stand" B.S.

Whatever, it is of no consequence as it will work when needed. Did you put a little blue Loctite on the screw threads?

50 Bucks??? Look here for your farkles. https://www.adventuretech.biz/dl1000-2014-to-2018.html
Richlandrick is a sponsor and contributor here.

·
Premium Member
2,479 Posts
Yep. Slightly raised in the front. Never a problem and in soft stuff it does just fine.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for the responses. I'm not too concerned with it, my OCD just kicks in and I like things to be exactly as they should be. With that said it is a solid piece and looks nice. It's very well made and appears to be durable. When the bottom plate wears a little after time it will flatten out a tiny bit more.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I would not be concerned. As others have said, in soft ground it will do its job.
"They state it's like a new shoe and eventually it will break in and fit the stand" B.S.

Whatever, it is of no consequence as it will work when needed. Did you put a little blue Loctite on the screw threads?

50 Bucks??? Look here for your farkles. https://www.adventuretech.biz/dl1000-2014-to-2018.html
Richlandrick is a sponsor and contributor here.
When they say break in they mean the bottom plate will slightly wear like the sole of a shoe. I guess I could wear down a little but it still works just fine. Yes 50.00 a little pricy from twisted throttle. Thanks for the link.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
I have one that I used on my'14 DL1000 and then transfered it to new model DL1000 (purchased in September 2017). It has always been "rised" a bit, just like on your photos and it still is. So, after 3-4 years of constant use, nothing has changed and it works perfectly.
I guess it's like that because of the use in soft ground.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Thanks for the responses. I'm not too concerned with it, my OCD just kicks in and I like things to be exactly as they should be. With that said it is a solid piece and looks nice. It's very well made and appears to be durable. When the bottom plate wears a little after time it will flatten out a tiny bit more.

It obvious you don't have OCD or you'd have posted your CDO kicked in!

·
Super Moderator
16,862 Posts
All I know is my Adventuretech foot print is indeed completely flat to the ground, interesting that some here are not.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts