StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone actually received on--my dealer says Suzuki's manufacturer bailed and none were made ???

·
Banned
1,121 Posts
Has anyone actually received on--my dealer says Suzuki's manufacturer bailed and none were made ???
GIVI have one coming out.

ES3105
Specific support in aluminum and stainless steel to widen the surface support area of the original side stand

There is no picture of the 1000 one yet, but here is a pic of the one they make for the 650

·
Registered
209 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
I think I'll make my own even for $28 I can use a hockey puck or a couple pieces of a $7 Walmart cutting board.

·
Registered
93 Posts
My dealer told me the same. However the item is shown on the SW-Motech list for "pre-order"

·
Registered
253 Posts
My dealer told me the same. However the item is shown on the SW-Motech list for "pre-order"
We have some on order. They are expected in the coming weeks. We can accept pre-orders on these. Just "Add to Cart" and check out. your card will not be charged until we ship it.

SW Motech Sidestand Foot Enlarger for Suzuki V-Strom 1000 '14 - TwistedThrottle.com

They will also be available through our Canadian office which is A Vicious Cycle HERE. I am uncertain when they will get thier inventory. You can try contacting them directly.

Kevin

Kevin

·
Registered
133 Posts
I thought $28 from Richland Rick's was an acceptable price and the product is fantastic. A VERY needed addition to the bike as I've always thought the side stand was just too short.

·
Registered
449 Posts
I thought $28 from Richland Rick's was an acceptable price and the product is fantastic. A VERY needed addition to the bike as I've always thought the side stand was just too short.
It is a good price and his stuff is fantastic. I personally would just rather make something that looks funky like a hockey puck. A small piece of that plastic decking would work really well too.

·
Banned
1,121 Posts
I bet the Givi will cost around the $100.00 mark :thumbdown:
Actually in Australia the 650 version is only $69.00, so I am sure that it will be much cheaper than that in the USA :yesnod:

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Just finish yer beer before you turn the bike off, crunch the can and flip the side stand down on it. Works every time.:var_18:

·
Registered
18 Posts
For the Factory look on my DL650, I cut off the plate and made a new one from a simple pattern I made. My buddy welded it on and I got a better-than-factory powder coating for $15. My total cost $20 (I bought my friend breakfast).

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Nice. And it doesn't whack into anything when you flip it up? One thing I've noticed about the side stand (and I think somebody has already reported some damage cause of this) is that, unlike my previous bikes, it doesn't seem to come down much past the vertical point. I find myself being extremely cautious dismounting because it looks like it could easily flip up with any forward movement.:yikes:

·
Vendor
5,426 Posts
I will of course be making a side stand foot for the Vee2.

I would be interested in talking to a Vee2 owner who has a center stand. I need data and a beta tester for a free side stand foot. Mostly I need to know how much room there is between the side stand and center stand?

PM me if you are a Vee2 owner with a center stand AND live in the US (sorry, due to postage).

Rick

·
Registered
161 Posts
Lol! Agree. Mine has flipped up with some forward movement, the bike went down and well, no use in winning.
Mine did the same thing on the first oil change, made a oily mess but surprisingly the bar end took the brunt of the impact and caused almost no damage! Bar end got a bit bend and nicked but nothing a bit of black paint couldn't cover.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I will of course be making a side stand foot for the Vee2.

I would be interested in talking to a Vee2 owner who has a center stand. I need data and a beta tester for a free side stand foot. Mostly I need to know how much room there is between the side stand and center stand?

PM me if you are a Vee2 owner with a center stand AND live in the US (sorry, due to postage).

Rick

Thank you Rick! In a small business I believe you can never give enough away, it always seems to come back to you down the road.

Jason. Palms Unlimited

·
Banned
1,121 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts