StromTrooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I boutht a pair of surface mount led's from ebay and installed them on my handguards. I used a lot of shrink tube, and ran the wires inside the handguards, and the power under the tank to the tail light where i was able to solder into the running light grey wire. I used a positap to tap into the ground from my stebel horn. the lights were 25.00 from ebay. these are very bright. not like a spot light, but might keep the cagers from wanting to share the lane with you when changing lanes

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/LED-Light-2-Diode-1x2-5-oval-surface-mount-WHITE_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1638Q2em118QQcategoryZ50069QQihZ015QQitemZ250126233534QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V

Attachments

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
If that light is as close to blue as it looks in the picture, it's illegal in many, if not all, states.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the tip. they are white led's. the pic doesn't show it to well. Led's in white do very in tint from time to time. these do not flash and are not set to flash

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
Good. I know lights that look white to the naked eye can look blue to a camera. That's why I posted the "if...blue". As long as they don't flash, you are probably okay.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
this evening i went for a ride around town. the lights do have a slightly turquoise tint to them against the white snow. they are a nice bright side clearance light. i will be ordering more and have plans to add a red set to my saddle bags with quick disconnect when the bags are removed.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I like the idea of the red markers on the bags with the quick disconnect.

Who makes that super bright/programable tail light?

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
a special thanks to cmdefo for taking the pics. the brake light is whelen lin3

·
Premium Member
1,135 Posts
Oh don't worry just because we are not posting doesn't mean its not a good idea :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts