StromTrooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was considering going with the Givi E465 (left) and Givi E36 (right) setup for side cases. I was looking at the "economy" versions of the two which do not have the internal retention straps. Does anybod have an opinion on whether this is a bad idea not to have the internal straps for side cases? Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
If you are talking about the interior straps that keep the stuff from falling out when the case is open....I wouldn't be concerned either way. I have Pelicans with the straps. I don't really use them much and could easily live without them for a lower price.

You can always come up with a shadetree version anyway.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great, yeah I am referring to the interior straps that are supposed to keep everything in place when you open the case. Thanks.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I took the straps out of mine. Camping gear (tent, sleeping bag, exped air bed and pillow and other stuff) in one bag, which fills it up, cooler in the other one, and other, misc. stuff in the trunk. If I motel it, the back seat bag (clothes and riding gear like rain suit, etc.) and tank bag come off the bike and everything else stays locked to it. When camping, I take the bag to where I want to set up and lay it on it's side and unload it setting up camp as I go. Pack in reverse order. It works for me. You can get by nicely without the straps.

·
Registered
4,841 Posts
I'm putting the V35 side bags on mine, and will probably either get the Givi internal duffel bags, or try to find a cheaper alternative that will fit the side bag. I'll use my top box for small loose items I access throughout the day, and pack duffel bags for the side cases.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have the Givi E36 without the straps and never missed them. I use two gym bags I already had for internal bags with no problems.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,104 Posts
I took the straps out of mine and used internal bags. Side opening outer bags make contents difficult to control and usually waste lid space. Top opening bags sift small stuff to the bottom and restrict access. Good inner bags with zipper pockets for small stuff make access and control easier and provide an extra layer of waterproofing.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have both sets of 36 and 46. I now use the 2 e46 without straps and use the Givi soft luggage. I never take them off, but I don't ride on trails that are very narrow. I can pack more on the Wee than I could on the Goldwing. I thought I would switch back and forth or maybe mix them, but never have.

·
Registered
15,411 Posts
THere are so many after market bags to use as liners the retention straps should be a moot problem.
I've got an ancient set of Kathys bags meant for another marques saddle bags but still work dandy in the Seahorse cases I have now.
Really, it's only clothes and cooking gear we're talking about right?
I found some really dandy bag liners years ago at a gas station sale that worked for a long time. I wore them out!

·
Premium Member
2,759 Posts
Trader Joes sells a cooler bag that works perfect for the E36. $6.99 when I got mine.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts