StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
wanted to see if anyone had pics from the BACK of the bike ... that show the width of the oem bags and the shad bags (SH36). not a side angle or any other views. ... just straight on from the back. wanted to compare shad 36 VS the oem ones to see what the differences are in size visually and how the overall mounts ends up looking ones they are installed

and what is liter capacity on OEM bags?

·
Registered
392 Posts
wanted to see if anyone had pics from the BACK of the bike ... that show the width of the oem bags and the shad bags (SH36). not a side angle or any other views. ... just straight on from the back. wanted to compare shad 36 VS the oem ones to see what the differences are in size visually and how the overall mounts ends up looking ones they are installed

and what is liter capacity on OEM bags?
I have been researching this topic virtually since buying my bike. Currently sticking with soft bags that I used on my DL650. Only finding the opportunity to go on a few overnighters each year, so not worth buying hard bags at present.

Suzuki OEM panniers. Advertised in Australia as 29(L) and 26(R) litres, in the UK 21(L) and 18(R) litres. I tend to think the lower sizes are the more accurate.

Shad SH36
[/IMG]

+ Givi trekkers 33 litres each side

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for those pics! that's exactly hat I needed. order a set of Shad bags because Im a dealer and get a damn good deal on them. Ive been looking around for someone on the site that has a set of OEM bags but no luck. I still like the slim look of the OEM ones and would love to make a deal with someone who wants to upgrade their OEM bags to Shad or Givi. I have dealer accounts with both of them and could offer a pretty good deal

but anyways, I think ill be happy with the Shad when they come in. I got the SH36 setup with the inside case liner bags. Going on an epic trip in a few weeks from DC to San Diego via Miami :)

·
Registered
272 Posts
thanks for those pics! that's exactly hat I needed. order a set of Shad bags because Im a dealer and get a damn good deal on them. Ive been looking around for someone on the site that has a set of OEM bags but no luck.
I see you posted in the new Vee section, but I thought I'd mention I have the factory Suzuki side cases for sale from an 09 650 in the classified section here, not sure if they changed the style.
I'm selling just the panniers and hardware with two keys, no rack.

·
phatguy in Cbus
182 Posts
My Globe Scout panniers mounted on SW Motech EVO side racks measure a total of 40" across. Handlebars with Bark Busters mounted are nearly 39" so I'm not bothered by the width too much. The Panniers are bigger than I envisioned when I purchased them (45 liters each). Not contemplating any long trips in the future so these are overkill for me. Thinking of going back to soft bags.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts