StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I was googling around looking for a good solution to attaching bags on my engine guard. I see some riders do this on some videos that I watched but could never really find a source where I can buy this.

I've seen videos on some custom gas can attachments to the engine guard (not necessarily the V-Strom).

I suspect that these riders came up with their own inventive solutions but just in case I missed it, I was wondering if anyone here knew if there was a real solution for my V-Strom 1000, '2010.

Cheers
Robert

·
Registered
508 Posts
What you are looking for are tank panniers sold by companies such as Wolfman motorcycle luggage. Depending on the Co. some are attached directly to the engine guard while others are draped over the tank with 2 straps and are then attached to the engine guard by 2 lower straps.

I have yet to see real waterproof tank panniers. This does not cause an issue as one simply has to use water proof bags (ziplock bags) inside or items that can withstand being wet such as camping equip (pegs, tools, camp stove, etc).

As for gas containers on the engine guard.... not the best of ideas in my opinion as the engine guard is certain to hit ground in an accident.

Tank Panniers - Motor cycle Pannier Tank Bags by Wolfman Motorcycle Luggage | Wolfman Luggage

PS: I am from Dieppe, NB

Take care
Brian

Hi everyone,

I was googling around looking for a good solution to attaching bags on my engine guard. I see some riders do this on some videos that I watched but could never really find a source where I can buy this.

I've seen videos on some custom gas can attachments to the engine guard (not necessarily the V-Strom).

I suspect that these riders came up with their own inventive solutions but just in case I missed it, I was wondering if anyone here knew if there was a real solution for my V-Strom 1000, '2010.

Cheers
Robert

·
Registered
5,136 Posts
This was my solution: Army surplus M40 gas mask bags, with the carrying straps cut off and reworked into velcro attachment loops. They were $6.00 each in a surplus store. Eventually I reworked them again for my Super Tenere, by adding some new closure straps and painting them with Krylon Fusion.

All the sewing was old school needle and thread, so no sewing machine required.

Attachments

·
Registered
15,801 Posts
The bags that mount on the crash bars are neat. Unfortunately not many Army Surplus stores around no mo.
My solution was a set of Aerostitch tank panniers from a fellow forum member. Got lots o' room for more stuff.
Great leg protection in the rain and cold too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts