StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how one could get a new mounting post for the Suzuki,(Givi and Kapa are the same), side bags? This is the post at the bottom of the side case brackets that attach to the bike. The slot in the bottom back of the bag slides over these two posts before you latch the bag at the top. An allen bolt runs through the post and into the the bracket on the bike. I need the post and the allen bolt and nut.
thx, john

·
Premium Member
4,177 Posts
You should be able to make one of these easy enough. Find a piece of tube that fits into the bag. Cut it to size, then put a washer on each end and a bolt through the middle. Done.

I guess you could contact the bracket manufacturer too. They may sell replacements, or even send you one for free. Another option would be to pull one from a wrecked motorcycle someplace.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Your best bet would be to contact a Givi dealer. I doubt if Suzuki offers a replacement without buying a complete mounting kit. Blue loctite them on when you get a chance, but you already knew that from experience. :biggrinjester:

·
Registered
110 Posts
I guess you could contact the bracket manufacturer too. They may sell replacements, or even send you one for free. Another option would be to pull one from a wrecked motorcycle someplace.
I got some from Givi, but trust me, they weren't free, for tiny little pieces. I shortened them to stop side cases from rattling on bumps.

·
Premium Member
2,975 Posts
Does anyone know how one could get a new mounting post for the Suzuki,(Givi and Kapa are the same), side bags? This is the post at the bottom of the side case brackets that attach to the bike. The slot in the bottom back of the bag slides over these two posts before you latch the bag at the top. An allen bolt runs through the post and into the the bracket on the bike. I need the post and the allen bolt and nut.
thx, john
Forum rules wont let me post a Link to non-supporting sites, I'll PM the Givi Hardware site to you

1 - 7 of 7 Posts