StromTrooper banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few of us here in OZ recently got together at Halls Gap for a few days, on the Sunday the bride(pillion) and I had a ride around looking at some of the local attractions, we found a damp dirt road and had a play, we travelled about 10 or 12 kilometres on the dirt, the road was damp but in good condition so we got up around the 80kph mark, but everything from about 20kph up had me being showered in sand ?

I was not able to ride with my visor open and when I stopped my seat and fuel tank were covered in sand, on my fuel cap there was enough sand to about half fill a egg cup.

A day later I noticed when ridding in the rain I would have rain building up on the top edge of my dashboard at around the 40 to 60kph mark, at lower and higher speeds it would not build up.

I had not previously had this problem but I have made 2 changes to the bike recently, 1; Anakee 3 tyres, 2; Givi Airflow.

I have some testing to do but I'm thinking the Airflow is causing my problems, has anybody else had similar problems with their V2 ?

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
Probably the Airflow, I have one as well but have not been in the rain with it yet. How do you like the Anakee 3 tires , do they sing for you??

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I discovered the Anakees a few years back and I fell in love, they are for me a real confidence booster on all road types.

I think confidence is the key to ridding quick and enjoying it.

Most of my mates ride bigger more powerful bikes than my Stroms and the 3's allow me to stay out in front.

I recently had TK70s and could not enjoy my bike at all so back to the Anakees for me.

I agree the Givi must be the main culprit.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts