StromTrooper banner
3001 - 3019 of 3019 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
10 years ago I bought a wrecked Wee and started to work on it but right away other things came up and it got bumped from top to bottom of the priority list. Now I have started on it again so I thought I would post a couple pictures of where it is at now, then more when I finish it. It may be shocking to some of you so viewer discretion is recommended....

The bike is turning into a Wee-TW
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design

It has hybrid DL/DR forks, a DR650 front hub with an 18" rim running a 130/18 D606, and a modified TW 200 14" rear wheel with a 180/14 tire. It will not be using any of the Wee plastic boy panels or the fuel tank, I will be making new tank(s) to lower the CG of the bike. It will also get a new seat, exhaust system, skid plate, fenders, racks, lights, and protection bars. I am removing the ABS system completely. I have a six piston front caliper but it doesn't clear the spokes so I will see if any of the offset disk carriers will work.

I've done a few other projects and you may have noticed two of them in the background, the 1940 Matchless was a basket case full rebuild from the crank out, and the 1965 Rickman Metisse with Triumph TR6C engine was also a ground up build.

The Wee-TW will be a trail bike.
I spnd my online time on ADV so I will probably only pop up here when I have Wee specific questions.

James in Alaska :cool:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all,

I'm considering an early vstrom with a few changes to lighten it up and change the front styling. I found this photo on pinterest somewhere I think and wondered if anyone knew the owner or if there was a build thread for it anywhere.
Cheers from Australia!
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Fuel tank Vehicle

3001 - 3019 of 3019 Posts