StromTrooper banner

2881 - 2900 of 2924 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts

Seven years ago I sold my 2008 Strom and have been without a bike. About a month ago I saw someone was selling a 2008 Strom locally that was very similar to the one I sold many years ago. So after a not so brief hiatus I’m back in the saddle again.

·
Registered
25 Posts
First trail ride on my new ride ... just a quick jaunt, but fun regardless.
Iowa_trail-ride.jpg

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Nice bike TrentG, but an even nicer backyard!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Okay... I may have a mental issue... ;-) just bought my second .... a 2011 650 ABS...
20200516_180813.jpg

·
Registered
254 Posts
This 2011 was definately my favorite of the 4 different 650s Ive owned....including the 2012. Most of the engine updates that started with the 07 models here in the US & gave outstanding mpg coupled with that 5.8gal tank. I put 300 miles on a tank of gas several times.
tapatalk_1555970319918.jpg
tapatalk_1555970387719.jpg

That was several years ago...sold in late 2016 after purchasing Tenere #1 (Im on Tenere #3 now) & a 2014 1000 Strom which replaced Ten #2 this January

Sent from my LML212VL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
319 Posts
My K9 Wee @ Charles A. Lindberg State Park. (Yup, the first one to do a transatlantic flight). We were camping last weekend.

Relax and have a homebrew

Autocorrect is my new enema

·
Premium Member
4,419 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi All Hope everyone is keeping well.

Been a while since I last posted, 2020 has definitely been an interesting year to get back into biking, not a lot of changes have been made to the bike apart from a headlight repair, install of duel usb charger and a bit of further tiding up.

Since there was little in the way of riding opportunities with the 5km restrictions i decided to teach myself a new skill and bought myself some cheap camera accessories and video editing software. It been interesting experience to start filming the stuff you do and oh my god editing is both addictive and time consuming, complete new found respect for the people who make a living outta social media it is definitely not as easy as it looks.

I be gratefull if a few of you could pop over and have a look at my channel and maybe throw a few likes and subs and so on. The videos I have posted so far have been reviews of things ive done and products ive bought but as te roads open out again I intend of making some riding videos showing you all some of the beautiful points of interest around Ireland and the twisties which lead to them.

Take it easy on me guys only been at this a few weeks and everyday is a school day

·
Registered
254 Posts
This 2011 was definately my favorite of the 4 different 650s Ive owned....including the 2012. Most of the engine updates that started with the 07 models here in the US & gave outstanding mpg coupled with that 5.8gal tank. I put 300 miles on a tank of gas several times.
View attachment 273417 View attachment 273418
That was several years ago...sold in late 2016 after purchasing Tenere #1 (Im on Tenere #3 now) & a 2014 1000 Strom which replaced Ten #2 this January

& I just saw that the bike is now for sale again..on the list..the buyer only put 400 miles on in the 3 yrs he owned Oui.... course..hes in Houston so good riding isnt easy to find.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi All Hope everyone is keeping well.

Been a while since I last posted, 2020 has definitely been an interesting year to get back into biking, not a lot of changes have been made to the bike apart from a headlight repair, install of duel usb charger and a bit of further tiding up.

Since there was little in the way of riding opportunities with the 5km restrictions i decided to teach myself a new skill and bought myself some cheap camera accessories and video editing software. It been interesting experience to start filming the stuff you do and oh my god editing is both addictive and time consuming, complete new found respect for the people who make a living outta social media it is definitely not as easy as it looks.

I be gratefull if a few of you could pop over and have a look at my channel and maybe throw a few likes and subs and so on. The videos I have posted so far have been reviews of things ive done and products ive bought but as te roads open out again I intend of making some riding videos showing you all some of the beautiful points of interest around Ireland and the twisties which lead to them.

Take it easy on me guys only been at this a few weeks and everyday is a school day

The videos are awesome... keep up the good work

2881 - 2900 of 2924 Posts