StromTrooper banner

141 - 145 of 145 Posts

·
Registered
2020 V-Strom 1050 XT
14 Posts
That's an SW-Motech GS tank Bag. Have been very happy with the bag! It's big with lots of room! I have a zipper issue with it. We'll see how SW-Motech takes care of it.

In the meanwhile I just bought a SW-Motech City bag. Same shape but a bit smaller.

..Tom
Thanks Tom. It's a nice looking bag and I love the size of that thing. It looks like it actually might hold a small, travel companion dog. :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Sorry I don't have many pictures of the steed in a nice setting, but here it is in its natural habitat, sport touring the mountain passes in Switzerland.
Its friend on the left is a rather old S1000R, and riding quite hard in the mountains the DL1050 was not slower at all, which is quite a feat!

Photo taken from Grimselpass yesterday, on the 13th of June 2021.

·
Registered
2020 V-Strom 1050 XT
14 Posts
Sorry I don't have many pictures of the steed in a nice setting, but here it is in its natural habitat, sport touring the mountain passes in Switzerland.
Its friend on the left is a rather old S1000R, and riding quite hard in the mountains the DL1050 was not slower at all, which is quite a feat!

Great pic. The White Knight and the Black Knight riding their steeds through the Alps. :)

Photo taken from Grimselpass yesterday, on the 13th of June 2021.

·
Registered
21 Posts
That's actually quite an apt take on the picture!

Anyways, I was a bit disappointed / let down at first coming from the VFR800 (2014 model), but apart from the slightly worse capabilities when pushing corners (mostly due to the rider position and still original tires I guess), the DL1050 has performed in a stellar fashion so far.

What surprises me the most is the fuel economy from such a big bike. I did 2.5k km since I got it, and I averaged 4.1-4.2L/100 km (57 mpg). For comparison, the VFR800 consumed about 4.5-4.6 (52 mpg) with much taller gears, smaller engine and I think a better aerodynamism. This says a lot about how frugal this machine is.

141 - 145 of 145 Posts