StromTrooper banner

121 - 140 of 145 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Looks good in black!

What tires are you running? How do you like them??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks Augie The tyres are Pirelli Scorpion Desert Race. I have had them on my last 3 Stroms . Naturally they don't last all that long, but great once you get off the bitumen

·
Registered
134 Posts
Thanks Augie The tyres are Pirelli Scorpion Desert Race. I have had them on my last 3 Stroms . Naturally they don't last all that long, but great once you get off the bitumen
They look really cool. Please…. Tell us how the 1050 does in the more challenging non pavement areas in the Outback!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
132 Posts
They look really cool. Please…. Tell us how the 1050 does in the more challenging non pavement areas in the Outback!
We have plenty off off-road opportunities without having to ride days to get to the outback!

And it's mostly flat, anyway. ie. boring.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Which Mosko Moto luggage set is this? I am wondering if I can mount a Mosko Moto R80 in front of my top case (essentially mount it over the pillion seat). Why does your Mosko Moto set not sit flat on the pillion seat?

My bike:

Examples of what I was talking about:

My R80 set sets over the passenger seat just fine. It will not lay flat because the passenger grab handles are in the way, I removed mine and installed a smaller rack from Hessler Rallye Team instead. It looks great and fits flush, and the Reckless 80 setup is insanely functional. Heading out for a week or so in the woods in a couple days living out of them.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Here is my std 1050 . I had a bad accident that left me with a very weak left hand & was struggling to work the clutch on my 650 v strom , so took a 1050 out for a test ride ..wow what a great bike & the hydraulic clutch was super light .

·
Registered
132 Posts
Nice color scheme. I don't know if that's available here in Oz. So far, I've only seen red/white, yellow/white and a black scheme...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Just put a deposit on a 2020 1050 XTA, and should bring it home this coming week. I used to have a 2013 V-Strom 650 and hung out here when I had that, but it's been a while since I've been on these forums. Looking forward to the 1050.

·
Registered
2020 V-Strom 1050 XT
14 Posts
First V-Strom and I really like it. Very similar to the Yamaha Super T, but the ride is much better. Using all my older gear on it with the exception of the new Tusk Highland Rackless bags. I like soft bags much more than hard bags. Five easy straps to put on or take off. Added the Puig windscreen as well. Much better than stock. Nice quiet bubble of air without even having to put it all the way up.

·
Administrator
14,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #140 ·
V-Tom, what brand/model of tank bag is that on your 1050XT?

Johnny
That's an SW-Motech GS tank Bag. Have been very happy with the bag! It's big with lots of room! I have a zipper issue with it. We'll see how SW-Motech takes care of it.

In the meanwhile I just bought a SW-Motech City bag. Same shape but a bit smaller.

..Tom

121 - 140 of 145 Posts