StromTrooper banner

101 - 109 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Where did you get the colored instrument panel?
Stock screen on the new "loaded up" 1050 I bought over teh weekend. Just snapped it to catch the 0000 miles before I pulled out of the parking lot. .

I think all teh 2020 models share that screen

·
Registered
18 Posts

My new 1050XT. Bought from Ridenow Powersports in Las Vegas, (Excellent to deal with btw) and rode home back to Oregon. Made a stop at the Madras Airport to see the Aviation Museum there. Just installed a Givi top case rack yesterday, so won't have to use the bungee backpack method for stowage anymore. Had a 2012 DL1000, sold it last year to finance my 2018 FJR. Now the FJR is for sale on the FJR forum...

·
Registered
‘07 Suzuki DRZ400S, ‘20 Suzuki DL1050XT
34 Posts
View attachment 285320
My new 1050XT. Bought from Ridenow Powersports in Las Vegas, (Excellent to deal with btw) and rode home back to Oregon. Made a stop at the Madras Airport to see the Aviation Museum there. Just installed a Givi top case rack yesterday, so won't have to use the bungee backpack method for stowage anymore. Had a 2012 DL1000, sold it last year to finance my 2018 FJR. Now the FJR is for sale on the FJR forum...
Did you check out Motosport Hillsboro? I practically stole mine with how good the deal was. But they only have a 1050XT Adventure left.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I did, you must have got the yellow one!...I got the orange and white XT for a bit less from the Vegas guys and had a road trip as a bonus...best of luck with your bike!

·
Registered
2020 V-Strom 1050XT
1,062 Posts
Hey Boys ... picked up the new CreamCycle a few weeks ago, but haven't finished breaking her in yet. Added a few farckles and waiting on more. I had to order the Givi 3 piece wind and handlebar screen from Italy, since nobody had it in stock. Great reviews on the Trooper thread. Side stand foot on it's way as well. Installed my old Rigid flood lights off the 2012 650 using Piaa brackets allowing horizontal and vertical adjustment with an allen key. Fiaam highway blasters are mounted just above the lights. Love the gadget bar, since I use the GPS for a speedometer and the phone is right above the charge outlet. I got some beautie allen key RAM mounts, so no U clamps and nuts ! Still waiting for the Suzuki top box that is on back order like most parts. No one had an XT, but Suzuki's price was the same as listed SW Motech panniers.
Still getting used to all the features, but love the cruise control....will try V-Tom's trick. More picks to come when the windscreen arrives....and the f'ing rain stops :sneaky: Mechanic buddy is wiring everything into my Eastern Beaver box this week. Sold the 2012 with 106000 kms for $3700 thanks to COVID ...lol
Can't wait for the border to open !!!

·
Administrator
14,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #108 ·
@PhilStrom

If you mean hitting the mode button to disable cruise I don't actually use it.

It shuts off the cruise so you have to turn it on again with the lower right hand button (and hit set again if you want to set a speed.) My point was that it can be done, not that it made sense to do so.

Much better to tap a brake, pull in clutch lever or unwind throttle. I normally unwind throttle while breiflypulling in in the clutch lever.

..Tom

101 - 109 of 109 Posts