StromTrooper banner

61 - 80 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Looking at the images here and in other threads it appears the metal side cases always mount up high regardless of brand. Am I correct that at least the Suzuki branded cases (made my Motech?) as well as the Givi cases both sit up real high?

NC
Hello Numbercruncher
I think it is because some (like Suzuki) are above the exhausts system when I have seen some Who are besidded.

·
Registered
263 Posts
smalls, is that the Russell Day Long seat you ended up getting?

·
Registered
52 Posts
smalls, is that the Russell Day Long seat you ended up getting?
Yep! Game changer for the bike. I really like it. It has about 1200mi on it now and has "broken in". Seems to fit pretty good. The initial height when I purchased has settled some and I think I actually liked it a bit taller. I have the ability to send back for adjustment if needed, but so far pretty good. I couldn't ride the stock seat more than 30mi. Today I rode 240mi.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey Sev, when appling those stickers, did you remove the stock ones or stick them over the top? Asking specifically about the tank one which seems sealed, and I'm curious if you removed it, how?

·
Registered
‘07 Suzuki DRZ400S, ‘20 Suzuki DL1050XT
34 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hi @smalls78, is that the grey or black leather selection from Russell?

I wonder if Seat Concepts is going to enter the V-Strom 1050 market. I always appreciated the "bench" style options they offered for larger ADV bikes.
It's the grey color. I tried to match the OEM seat color the best I could. I like it. Black is awesome too. Love the seat, but I'm also entertaining getting a Corbin or if Seat Concepts came out with one, I'd get that too. I'd like to have a narrow version for "off-road" riding. But the stock seat was awful to me.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey Sev, when appling those stickers, did you remove the stock ones or stick them over the top? Asking specifically about the tank one which seems sealed, and I'm curious if you removed it, how?
There were a couple small ones on the tank that are under the clear coat and I left them, they’re just covered up. The rest come off no problem.

·
Registered
‘07 Suzuki DRZ400S, ‘20 Suzuki DL1050XT
34 Posts
Not a lot of love for the yellow XT in this thread... hoping to change that this week!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Not a lot of love for the yellow XT in this thread... hoping to change that this week!
I've yet to actually see one. My dealer only had the orange/white and a black XT Adventure. I would have picked one up if I could have actually found one.

And they're currently sold out. Just left after picking up oil & a filter and there's no one to be found.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Got out for the first ride of the season today. Over the winter added the Givi Airflow windscreen, Barkbusters Handguards with the turn signal lights on them, and my new Seth Laam seat. So far liking all the mods. Next up will be the top case (currently out of stock :( ), a skid plate and tank bag.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Posted this before, but the pic below is of the wife and Betty near Christina Lake BC. OK.....Wife is missing from cropping, but that wasn't the important part anyhow.:ROFLMAO:

61 - 80 of 109 Posts