StromTrooper banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
I tried them one winter. I didn't get into any real snow but I didn't find them any better or worse (down to -18c / 0f) than my regular tire (Metzler Torrance Next.)

..Tom
are you actually using the Torrance Next already or is that the one you are thinking of going to? How do you like them if you are using them? What kind of mileage are you getting? I only have about 200 miles on my bike, but know the tires that it comes with usually don't last very long.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Probably should merge two threads into one....
BROUGHT HOME MY NEW 1050 with 170+ posts

But.....may need a sub thread anyway.....

SHOW US YOUR 1050 (NOT XT)
I have yet to see someone post that they bought a std model 1050 (unicorn)

Sent from my LML212VL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
223 Posts

Post #10 in this thread is the base model.

·
Administrator
13,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #25

This thread is about posting pictures of your DL1050. My "Brought home my new DL1050" thread is more about talking about how we feel about the bike.

I don't see a need to merge them. :)

..Tom

·
Premium Member
26 Posts

I am a proud Unicorn rider. LOL

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
You seemta b the exception on your purchase. Betcha got a good deal on it.

Yes, I got crashbars (both) and the center stand plus the warranty and it didn't come to the price of the XT. No cash back from suzuki, but the dealer also gave me a good price on my old bike as well. It had some higher miles, so was worried about not getting anything for it.

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
I don't have one, but it would be cool if the standard model came in the orange and white. I would not care for the spokes.

·
Administrator
13,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
are you actually using the Torrance Next already or is that the one you are thinking of going to? How do you like them if you are using them? What kind of mileage are you getting? I only have about 200 miles on my bike, but know the tires that it comes with usually don't last very long.
My regular tire is the Tourance Next. I have used over 50 of them on my Stroms. They are what is on my 2020 DL1050 now.

As far as tread life everyone rides differently so meaningless to compare between riders and bikes. (I got about 33% longer tread life on my DL650's compared to my DL1000 (too early to tell on the 1050 but the OEM lasted as long as on the DL1000.) Generally the OEM tires last as long or longer than the tires I put on.

I use the Tourance Next because they are a known quantity to me. I am comfy with them and know how they will handle on dry roads, wet, in cold (down to 0°f/-18°c), on unpaved roads and on light amounts of snow and on ice (really poorly on ice!) There are probably tires better in some respects and some day I might try some but for now these are tires I use.

..Tom

·
Registered
205 Posts
The spoke wheels are a real pain in the arse to clean. But they look great (imo)
If you keep on top of the spoke cleaning everytime you wash the bike they will stay pretty clean. Just don't let the dirt/grease build up as this will cause the spokes to tarnish.

·
Registered
144 Posts
On my old Bonneville T100 I used toothpaste with aluminum foil to clean spokes and it worked great. A little time consuming but very effective in removing any surface rust.

·
Registered
317 Posts
S M T W T F S .....any day of the week....make it mags for me. Pavement or gravel

Now...if I had a smaller bike for offroad....well...thats different

21 - 35 of 35 Posts