StromTrooper banner
241 - 260 of 265 Posts

·
Farkle Purchasing System
3,307 Posts
It's not been possible to order a 1050 of any kind, for some time here in the States.

You have to find one already in stock at a dealer. Lucky you if that's anywhere nearby. Otherwise you have to have it shipped, or travel cross country, and then haul it or ride it home.

Which is part of why I'm not getting one until "later." And it will probably be used.

It doesn't look like Suzuki is planning a 2022 Vstrom 1050.

·
Registered
'21 1050XT
192 Posts
It's not been possible to order a 1050 of any kind, for some time here in the States.

You have to find one already in stock at a dealer. Lucky you if that's anywhere nearby. Otherwise you have to have it shipped, or travel cross country, and then haul it or ride it home.

Which is part of why I'm not getting one until "later." And it will probably be used.

It doesn't look like Suzuki is planning a 2022 Vstrom 1050.
Sounds like a world-wide thing, this shortage.

Why do you think that there won't be a 22 model? What have you heard?

·
Farkle Purchasing System
3,307 Posts
Suzuki has by now announced a 2022 Vstrom 650 for the US. Nothing about a 2022 Vstrom 1050 in the US. Only for Canada and Europe.

·
Registered
V-Strom 1050 DL (2021)
9 Posts
@DesertBike "Question for those who bought the standard 1050 instead of XT: was it just the money, or something else?"

It was a combination. The XT has a pricetag in NL of € 15,499. On the the DL I got:
  • discount € 1,000
  • protection in front of the oil filter (cowling?)
  • Givi Airflow screen
  • center stand
  • not on the picture: 2 black side hardcases by Givi, type Trekker II 35lt
For all of this I still paid € 350 less than the official price of € 13,999. I don't intend taking the bike offroad. My previous bike (Ducati Monster S2R 800) did not have heated grips or cruise control, so I don't miss it. But those two options I would like to have. In my case I found the difference in price too much to take the XT.

BTW I heard (not sure if this is true), the DL is discontinued in NL, as everybody buys the XT. That could explain the bargain I got.

·
Registered
V-Strom 1050 DL (2021)
9 Posts
Below a picture taken on my German trip. TomTom 420 installed, using a SW-Motech "Nonshock Barclamp GPS Mount". The brackets for the hardcases are also made by SW-Motech, as the Givi ones were not available for weeks/months. The small bag at the rear is made by Polo and contains 2 locks, sunglasses etc. For the sidestand I got an extension from AlieExpress.
Note the square mirrors which I like. (I've seen pictures of V-Strom 1050s with different standard mirrors).

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Plant Automotive lighting

·
Farkle Purchasing System
3,307 Posts
We aren't getting either type of 1050 for 2022 in the US. I guess only the 2020 and 2021 DL650 sold enough for Suzuki's liking.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Why does only Europe get the full range of color options? That white on black is awesome! Also like the black with orange highlights option for the XT, seen on the Netherlands Suzuki website.

Question for those who bought the standard 1050 instead of XT: was it just the money, or something else?

For XT buyers: Did anyone choose the "Champion Yellow" color scheme over the orange-and-white, or did you not have a preference?

Here in the US, prices are all over the place. It seems as if the Champion Yellow XTs are generally listed at less than the orange and white version, at least going by Cycletrader. I've also seen plain 1050 listed at a much higher price than 1050XT, albeit at different dealers.
Here in the UK prices seem to be the same, some dealers advertising at full list and others giving big discounts. When I bought my standard XT it was discounted to £8995 on the road with all taxes, a full tank of fuel, discounted first service. They even delivered it free and I live 160 miles from the dealership. The yellow version was £1200 more and the red/white ones were full list, another £1000. For the riding I do I didn’t need or want most of the extras the full spec XT offered so linked to the cash saving the standard one was a no brainier. I’m not keen on any of the colour schemes except for the red/white but over 2k extra just for prettier paint wasn’t worth it, if it bothers me that much I’ll get it wrapped🙂

Other than the paint schemes and the poor gear change from 1st/2nd, this is a great bike that’s a joy to ride.

·
Registered
DL1050 Black/Grey base model
56 Posts
I bought a grey standard model 1050 for a great price in the UK , did not want all the bells and whistles on the XT model
Just a solid , comfy daily ride , bonus of great engine , suspension and brakes which does the daily commute and is fun on the weekend and for long range touring
Can't think of a better buy for my use and budget
Hoping Suzuki don't discontinue it
Cheers Steve

·
Registered
18 Posts
@DesertBike "Question for those who bought the standard 1050 instead of XT: was it just the money, or something else?"

It was a combination. The XT has a pricetag in NL of € 15,499. On the the DL I got:
  • discount € 1,000
  • protection in front of the oil filter (cowling?)
  • Givi Airflow screen
  • center stand
  • not on the picture: 2 black side hardcases by Givi, type Trekker II 35lt
For all of this I still paid € 350 less than the official price of € 13,999. I don't intend taking the bike offroad. My previous bike (Ducati Monster S2R 800) did not have heated grips or cruise control, so I don't miss it. But those two options I would like to have. In my case I found the difference in price too much to take the XT.

BTW I heard (not sure if this is true), the DL is discontinued in NL, as everybody buys the XT. That could explain the bargain I got.
wow bikes are expensive in the EU. I got my xt for 13999 cad with the zumo promo and 5 year waranty. yellow was the only one in stock. Didn't dig the yellow at first, but I still bought it, thinking it would be a safer color :p. but it really grew on me pretty quickly.
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hood Automotive design

·
Farkle Purchasing System
3,307 Posts
Here's what's nuts about 1050 pricing in the US: I have found at least three listings on Cycletrader where a dealer has a new 1050 (non-XT) at around US$10000-$11000.

Meanwhile, other dealers have used 2018 or 2019 DL1000s priced the same or higher.

Who is going to buy a used 2018 or 2019, when they can have a new 1050 for pretty much the same price?

There are multiple 1050XTs around the US listed in the $12k-13k range. The "Champion Yellow" version is usually priced lower.

·
Registered
82 Posts
wow bikes are expensive in the EU. I got my xt for 13999 cad with the zumo promo and 5 year waranty. yellow was the only one in stock. Didn't dig the yellow at first, but I still bought it, thinking it would be a safer color :p. but it really grew on me pretty quickly. View attachment 292806
wow bikes are expensive in the EU. I got my xt for 13999 cad with the zumo promo and 5 year waranty. yellow was the only one in stock. Didn't dig the yellow at first, but I still bought it, thinking it would be a safer color :p. but it really grew on me pretty quickly. View attachment 292806
Did that price include all the taxes? I saw on the Suzuki Canada site for Quebec province that there was a further $3200 to add on

·
Registered
18 Posts
Did that price include all the taxes? I saw on the Suzuki Canada site for Quebec province that there was a further $3200 to add on
ah yeah the taxes eh. forgot about those, it came down to 16 100$ with taxe and fees and added heated grips.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Saw a dealer selling a new XT with 3 box aluminium luggage for £11000. (18600$ Canadian). All the uk bikes come with a 3 year warranty which in Canada costs 800$. So there's not a big difference. But never the less; these are great value for money offers

·
Registered
7 Posts
Finally got home and had a chance to fit the panniers, rear box and skid plate. Disappointing that the upper protection bars didn’t marry up to the protection frame that was already on there. But the skid plate is more important than a bit of bar work.

Can’t wait to head off now. Put some kms on this thing.
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Fuel tank Vehicle

·
Registered
316 Posts
Saw a dealer selling a new XT with 3 box aluminium luggage for £11000. (18600$ Canadian). All the uk bikes come with a 3 year warranty which in Canada costs 800$. So there's not a big difference. But never the less; these are great value for money offers
Actually in Canada new bikes are coming with a no-charge 5 year warranty.

241 - 260 of 265 Posts