StromTrooper banner
221 - 240 of 265 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
hey smoke, how is the comfort of your risers? and are you cables really tight now?

I ordered a SHAD topcase rack for my 1050 (so I could mount the same SHAD topcase from my other bike) and it took a month to arrive.

·
Registered
2020 1050xt
5 Posts
hey smoke, how is the comfort of your risers? and are you cables really tight now?

I ordered a SHAD topcase rack for my 1050 (so I could mount the same SHAD topcase from my other bike) and it took a month to arrive.
I just installed the risers after work tonight so i havn't ridden it yet. They are easier to reach with my short arms sitting on it in the garage. The cables are at the limit now but the bars turn just fine stop to stop. I ordered the sh36 side cases and 3p mounts Friday and UPS tracking shows they should be here Friday

·
Registered
'21 1050XT
192 Posts
On the weekend I took the 1050 out on its first decent. day ride.

The map shows a region of Victoria, Australia called "South Gippsland".

I'm happy with how it handles, how the "new" engine runs in its various map modes (B was best for me on the day).

I covered around 300 km and averaged 5l/100km (this fuel economy metric must be the silliest ever invented).

According to the distance to empty calc it would see me get around 380 km out of a tank. The DL1000A was good for around 320km.

Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Land vehicle Cloud

Ecoregion Map World Line Slope

·
Registered
2020 Suzuki XT Adventure
3 Posts
Hey! First post and glad to be here. I bought my 2020 Suzuki 1050 XT Adventure ~2 months ago now. So far I bought some tank pads (for a DL1000 but they fit fine) and put these lights on the stock saddle bags. I put an intermediate connecter in between the saddles and the bike so I can take the saddles off. I did not yet manage to get the blinker circuit to work because I think its too much load for the circuit when I connect these add-on LEDS. When I connected the blinker wire to the bike's harness all of the blinkers did not work. So, I am thinking of making an Arduino controller to control the blinkers of my add-on LEDs with the bike's blinker wires as a control input. I love these lights though even without the blinker function. The lights look good, blink a few times when you brake, and are not blindingly bright. The only thing I do not like is that the halo does a little chase light sequence every time you come off of the brake. You can see a video from a review on Amazon.
Tire Automotive parking light Automotive lighting Automotive tire Vehicle

Runner Lights
Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Brake Lights
Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Wood Gas Fender

Some of the future add-ons I want are comfy seat, exhaust, and bar risers. I got a GIVI 42" rear top case already but waiting on the adapter plate.

ALSO.... any suggestions on this? When I bought my bike it was supposed to come with heated grips and fog lights since mine is the adventure model. Saddle bags, fog lights, and heated grips are what differ on the XT adventure versus XT. The dealer did not have these items and I contacted Suzuki. Suzuki customer service said they talked with the dealer but I am not sure how cooperative the dealer is going to be since I talked them down on price since the bike did not have these items. Still haven't heard much from the dealer.
Tire Wheel Plant Fuel tank Vehicle

How do I like the bike? I LOVE the bike. I still have but trying to sell my 2017 Yamaha FZ/MT 09. I wanted an adventure bike for more utility, better highway commuting, comfort, and to ride dual sport with my fiancé since she has her own bike. Once I get a little more dirt friendly tires and skid plate the gravel roads and two tracks will be no issue.

My only cons about the bike: I am a tall dude 6' 3" and I think bar risers will help but I think the handlebars might be a little narrow as well? Not sure if anyone feels the same way. Never owned a Suzuki but the gearbox is a little clicky/ratchety in my opinion. Exhaust could have a better tone but that may be in the list of future upgrades.

·
Registered
316 Posts
A mid-September 3-day trip from St. Marys to Midland, then through Wasaga Beach around the bay, to Tobermory, then back to St. Marys. A short but awesome trip with a good buddy. Both Stroms performed flawlessly.

Tire Wheel Cloud Plant Sky
Cloud Tire Sky Land vehicle Plant
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Automotive parking light Sky

Cheers!
K

·
Registered
695 Posts
Hey folks,

I'm picking my XT up in a week or two, lockdown depending (Yep, here in Oz we're locked down tighter than a gulag state at present).

I'd like to see some shots of your dash, how you've mounted gadgets such as phone holders (Quadlock, etc.), GPS (I've ordered a Garmin Zumo XT) and so on.

I'd like to know if there is room for extra stuff on that bar once the Zumo is in place. For example, I have a tyre pressure monitor coming as well.

Thanks.
50+ day and counting. Did you get to purchase the bike, and are you allowed to ride it outside your shed?

·
Registered
'21 1050XT
192 Posts
50+ day and counting. Did you get to purchase the bike, and are you allowed to ride it outside your shed?
Yes, picked it up around 3 weeks ago. Had three rides on it. One during lockdown (we could go 10 km from home for "essential" things). Rode it down the highway and back.

Then out of lockdown, first day out it's drizzling rain, great conditions in which to ride over the ranges to the beach on brand new tyres, and shit ones at that. Loved it.

Then the following Sunday, a ride around the region with some friends. Perfect weather, scrubbed the tyres in and had a ball. Covered around 250 km (about 150 miles, I think). Then back into lockdown last Tuesday which is expected to end this tuesday (Oct 5th) but I doubt it. The plague rats are out in force.

·
Registered
'21 1050XT
192 Posts
Google "Bruce Peninsula Ontario". And yes, it was awesome. Beautiful weather and scenery.
There are so many places around the world that I want to visit.

I've been to Vancouver, Washington State, LA (disgusting place), New York, upper NY State (beautiful up there). England, Italy, France, Barcelona, Hawaii. Most of them are motorcyclists' dreams.

I have family in New York and they have a holiday house up "up state NY" as they call it, a place called Davenport. Nice up there.

I'd love to fly into LAX, pick up a bike and head north up to Vancouver, then across to the east coast, then down to NY. But time is marching on too quickly and it's running out for me, I think. By the time the pandemic eases so that such things will once more be allowed, it may be too late.

·
Registered
V-Strom 1050 DL (2021)
9 Posts
Hello All,

Hi, I am new here, from Den Haag (the Hague, Netherlands). Bought my new 1050 DL at the end of July. Got some extra's with it:
  • protection in front of the oil filter (cowling?)
  • Givi Airflow screen
  • center stand.
  • not on the picture: 2 black side hardcases by Givi, type Trekker II 35lt

Meanwhile I took the V-Strom for a trip to Germany. Great bike, handles great, fast.
Below on the ferry near Rotterdam on my way home after just collecting the bike from the dealer.
(The screen in the highest position, which I later changed into the lowest position).
BTW: my gloves on the fueltank, Jeans are specially for motorcycling and have kevlar lining and protection.

Tony K
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle

·
Farkle Purchasing System
3,306 Posts
Why does only Europe get the full range of color options? That white on black is awesome! Also like the black with orange highlights option for the XT, seen on the Netherlands Suzuki website.

Question for those who bought the standard 1050 instead of XT: was it just the money, or something else?

For XT buyers: Did anyone choose the "Champion Yellow" color scheme over the orange-and-white, or did you not have a preference?

Here in the US, prices are all over the place. It seems as if the Champion Yellow XTs are generally listed at less than the orange and white version, at least going by Cycletrader. I've also seen plain 1050 listed at a much higher price than 1050XT, albeit at different dealers.

·
Registered
'21 1050XT
192 Posts
Here in Australia we have three color options available, orange/white, a grey/blue and a black themed one. Unfortunately, the two latter schemes aren't available due to no stock. The yellow scheme was discontinued but there is older stock still available.

I found all this out in the past month when I was ordering mine.

I was thinking that the orange/white was a bit garish, but now that I have it it's actually not bad.

221 - 240 of 265 Posts