StromTrooper banner
481 - 500 of 537 Posts

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Another great day today, nearly hit a big black bear crossing my gravel road, some 100ft in front of me coming at 65kph :oops: wish I had my action cam.
Also as per pictures attached, mother nature presented some challenging road choices for me to make, nobody around for miles and miles 😅

·
Registered
V-Strom 650 XT 2021 Euro5, Yamaha 2007 XMax 250 Euro3
123 Posts
Another great day today, nearly hit a big black bear crossing my gravel road, some 100ft in front of me coming at 65kph :oops: wish I had my action cam.
Also as per pictures attached, mother nature presented some challenging road choices for me to make, nobody around for miles and miles
View attachment 287670
View attachment 287671
Interesting area to pass through with a 2 hours to clean the bike after that

Envoyé de mon CMR-AL09 en utilisant Tapatalk

·
Registered
2019 DL650XT
41 Posts
Also as per pictures attached, mother nature presented some challenging road choices for me to make, nobody around for miles and miles 😅
View attachment 287670

That looks so much like an area in Rampart Range, Colorado. Just up in the foothills about 20 miles from my house.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Great choice Fish, after almost a year on my '18 650xa I am still smiling, great fun machine.
Thank you Suzuki for making such a wonderful bike at the affordable price, hope they'll continue making it, it seems they sell tons of Vstroms.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
CV make sure you snap some pics next time in the area, or post some if you any, so we can compare (y)

Reactions: CVPilot

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Interesting area to pass through with a 2 hours to clean the bike after that

ha ha, yes Thierry I always go through the biggest mud paddles (to boost credibility) ***BEFORE I go to the local Starbucks / Coffee shop, to make sure you impress your local barista ;)...like when people ask; "Geez did you just got back from Patagonia" :)

*** an old trick I learned from the GS crowd

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
I was a little disappointed at the 90/10 tires the bike came with. But I did some easy fire roads and I was surprised how well they worked. Almost zero pucker factor.
ha ha, I had to Google it, never heard the phrase before:
Pucker factor is a military slang phrase used to describe the level of stress and/or adrenaline response to danger or a crisis situation. The term refers to the tightening of the sphincter caused by extreme fear.

·
Registered
123 Posts
ha ha, I had to Google it, never heard the phrase before:
Pucker factor is a military slang phrase used to describe the level of stress and/or adrenaline response to danger or a crisis situation. The term refers to the tightening of the sphincter caused by extreme fear.
Learn a new word today too, must put that word in my next boring zoom meeting

·
Registered
18 Posts
Just bought this in May 2021(2020 650xt). Had 2013 Honda NC700X before. Love the bike. In this pic my daughter and I had just got back from an overnight camping trip.
Great looking bike.
I have just sold my NC750X and is now looking for a V-Strom that is within my budget

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discovered some great ATV trails this week, endless beautiful scenery, in some places reminded me of the trails I visited in Germany, Switzerland, Austria, Slovenia.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discovered some great ATV trails this week, endless beautiful scenery, in some places reminded me of the trails I visited in Germany, Switzerland, Austria, Slovenia.
View attachment 288442 View attachment 288443 View attachment 288444 View attachment 288445 View attachment 288446 View attachment 288447 View attachment 288448 View attachment 288449 View attachment 288450 View attachment 288452
Wow! Those pics are amazing! I'm in Portland, Oregon if you don't mind me asking, where is this is Canada? And what kind of tires are you rolling with on your V-Strom? Cheers!

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Wow! Those pics are amazing! I'm in Portland, Oregon if you don't mind me asking, where is this is Canada? And what kind of tires are you rolling with on your V-Strom? Cheers!
Thx Dave, yes the scenery is simply breathtaking, the "Off Hwy vehicle area is McLean Creek in province of Alberta" tires are Continental TKC80 great tires on and off road, Cheers :)

Reactions: CVPilot

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Decided to try Mitas E-07+ Enduro Trail on my '18 650xa, liked the TKC80 but they do wear out a bit fast. Will mount them tonight and report back, my front is still TKC80 and some thread left.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Got the top case bars, to put the small beach bags for wet swim suits after the beach. Telephone holder is now in place, very high stand, so I can see it keeping my peripheral vision on the road (and vis versa).
Leaving with my daughter Tuesday next week early for about 10 day's trip in sardinia, Italy.
She is turning 18 and going to university very soon, we will have time to say goodbye.

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Got the top case bars, to put the small beach bags for wet swim suits after the beach. Telephone holder is now in place, very high stand, so I can see it keeping my peripheral vision on the road (and vis versa).
Leaving with my daughter Tuesday next week early for about 10 day's trip in sardinia, Italy.
She is turning 18 and going to university very soon, we will have time to say goodbye.

Jesus Thierry that's a BIG box... what size of swim trunks are you wearing? :LOL: it's big enough to pack 655 Speedo's...(must be the wide angle lens) but I am sure it will get filled to the brim once your daughter starts packing for a trip.

Awww daddy will have to say Goodbye to his baby...The hardest moment in every father life... it's crazy how quick they grow up :cry:... well you did your part, let's hope the university will keep her busy enough and help her to develop into a solid intellectual, and that later she can come back and built her life and family close to you so you can teach your grandchildren how to ride and fix motorcycles. Enjoy your vacation.

My daughter lives across the street, so I see my 4 Gkids every day... here is what I do with my 3 boys ;)

·
Registered
123 Posts
Jesus Thierry that's a BIG box... what size of swim trunks are you wearing? it's big enough to pack 655 Speedo's...(must be the wide angle lens) but I am sure it will get filled to the brim once your daughter starts packing for a trip.

Awww daddy will have to say Goodbye to his baby...The hardest moment in every father life... it's crazy how quick they grow up :cry:... well you did your part, let's hope the university will keep her busy enough and help her to develop into a solid intellectual, and that later she can come back and built her life and family close to you so you can teach your grandchildren how to ride and fix motorcycles. Enjoy your vacation.

My daughter lives across the street, so I see my 4 Gkids every day... here is what I do with my 3 boys ;)
View attachment 288971
Nice picture, hope youe Grand kid's have Numbers on the back to recognize them
Yes they grow like lightning fast.
She is going to medical school, start kinésithérapie (sorry don't know translation) and prepare for test for next year.
She is joinin her holder brother in one of our house, in Brussels Belgium, her brother starts his master in python programming applied to economy after is bachelor degree in socio-economics he just had.
It is good she is joining her brother, life is less easy for woman, even in Europe in the 21st century

And the trunk is for one speedo, need to cover the family 3 pieces silver
And sometime 2 full helmets as well

Will post some pics of this trip, around the island is about 1000 miles, but will do a third to half of it, southern part of it
We are both looking for it

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Nice picture, hope youe Grand kid's have Numbers on the back to recognize them
Yes they grow like lightning fast.
She is going to medical school, start kinésithérapie (sorry don't know translation) and prepare for test for next year.
She is joinin her holder brother in one of our house, in Brussels Belgium, her brother starts his master in python programming applied to economy after is bachelor degree in socio-economics he just had.
It is good she is joining her brother, life is less easy for woman, even in Europe in the 21st century

And the trunk is for one speedo, need to cover the family 3 pieces silver
And sometime 2 full helmets as well

Will post some pics of this trip, around the island is about 1000 miles, but will do a third to half of it, southern part of it
We are both looking for it

Funny you said that, yes I was filming the wrong kids half of time, they all look the same on those little bikes :)
It's great you can provide a safe heaven for both of your kids in Belgium while they are getting their diplomas, hope they will appreciate the efforts and sacrifices you are making for them right now.
For sure post lots of pictures, I've been all over Italy and Croatian coast, but never in Sardinia, looking forward to your reports (y) I think coastal Sardinia is going to look something like this: (a picture from Croatia)

481 - 500 of 537 Posts