StromTrooper banner

361 - 380 of 392 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Found a slightly used 2019 XT in like new condition. Came with a RDL seat already installed. Picked it up about 8 weeks ago and have put about 500 miles so far.
Just haven’t had enough time or decent weather to get many rides in. Loving the bike so far.
Add ons so far include a Givi trekker top case, Givi airflow wind screen and a Kappa tank bag.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Great warm weather for the next few days 15deg C today 03.Dec unseasonaly warm... we'll take it :cool: had a great 3hr ride, lots of bikers out taking advantage of nice weather.

·
Registered
438 Posts
I finally took the plunge.2020 standard 650.It was about 45 degrees today so only put 15 miles on it.Haven't ridden in about 5 years so I eased into it.Looking forward to adding the usual farkles.
Congrats on your new bike Mark, good choice and take it easy to get back riding. Question; why is your ODO reading 100K already?

·
Registered
38 Posts
I just added the Shad SH58X top box. Bike without and with the top box. The top box is in it 58L setting, Looks much sleeker in the 46L, but this setting allowed me to put a fullface size Large HJC CL17 helment, a 3x jacket and liner.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Congrats on your new bike Mark, good choice and take it easy to get back riding. Question; why is your ODO reading 100K already?
View attachment 280199
I don't know.I just saw your question a minute ago.I went and turned the bike on and saw three zeros.This after adding about 40 miles on it today.I haven't been paying attention to the odo.We should have another mild day tomorrow and I'll go for a ride and I'll keep an eye on the odo.I'll also read the manual....maybe I have it set wrong.Thanks for pointing that out.

·
Registered
438 Posts
I don't know.I just saw your question a minute ago.I went and turned the bike on and saw three zeros.This after adding about 40 miles on it today.I haven't been paying attention to the odo.We should have another mild day tomorrow and I'll go for a ride and I'll keep an eye on the odo.I'll also read the manual....maybe I have it set wrong.Thanks for pointing that out.
"ha,ha made you look 😉" just messing with you and your picture (sorry)...hope you don't mind some light humor?

Glad you like your new bike, I picked up mine this late August and am still very much impressed with this machine, smooth shifting, great suspension, just enough torque, brakes are OK, lots of features (for the price) heated grips, TC,ABS, feels steady on the road, cornering and at hwy speeds, and great for some amateur off-roading, and it also looks great (imho), I like the fact that they kept the (full) size of the bike, the same for 650 and 1000 / 1050.

·
Registered
122 Posts
"ha,ha made you look 😉" just messing with you and your picture (sorry)...hope you don't mind some light humor?

Glad you like your new bike, I picked up mine this late August and am still very much impressed with this machine, smooth shifting, great suspension, just enough torque, brakes are OK, lots of features (for the price) heated grips, TC,ABS, feels steady on the road, cornering and at hwy speeds, and great for some amateur off-roading, and it also looks great (imho), I like the fact that they kept the (full) size of the bike, the same for 650 and 1000 / 1050.
OK....You had me.I do have to study up on how to work the trip meters and set the clock and .......sounds like a lot of effort

·
Registered
18 Posts
Last November I did a fly-n-ride to Hobe Sound, FL to pick up this 2017 650. After picking up the bike I rode through Tropical Storm Eta on the way to Kissimmee, FL for an overnight stay to visit my daughter. The following day I headed to Navarre, FL to visit more family before heading home to central Alabama. I had a 2014 650 but sold it in 2017. Tried to buy it back a year later but no dice. Glad to be back on a Strom!

I've since added a Givi top case and Givi engine guards, along with a set of highway pegs.

·
Registered
126 Posts
My wife and I have a pair of V-strom 650 XT.
We love them, such a great bike.
And no we did not bought them at the same time, both are 2dn hand, bought at different time, even from different states, destiny wanted us to have matching colour bikes.
I still think V-Stroms are not bad looking bikes at all. Although my wife keep saying that she find me good looking, we must be using rose-colored glasses all the time haha

PXL_20201226_021752960.jpg

PXL_20201225_054815439.MP.jpg

PXL_20201225_054707374-2.jpg

PXL_20201226_010532534-2.jpg

361 - 380 of 392 Posts