StromTrooper banner

341 - 347 of 347 Posts

·
Registered
2020 650 Vstrom Adventure
44 Posts
"V" - Strom on a "V" - Road ✌😋 View attachment 278753

Does your engine and upper front area get much front wheel mud spray? I have been wanting to remove my oem plastic cowling and install a sump guard but when I check out the front of the bike after a muddy ride the oem cowling is quite muddy all the way up to the top and without it the front of the engine and radiator would be quite splattered. I was thinking maybe a front fender extender would help.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Does your engine and upper front area get much front wheel mud spray? I have been wanting to remove my oem plastic cowling and install a sump guard but when I check out the front of the bike after a muddy ride the oem cowling is quite muddy all the way up to the top and without it the front of the engine and radiator would be quite splattered. I was thinking maybe a front fender extender would help.
yrun** hmm TBH I didn't go to any serious mud just yet, but whatever I did most mud did stick to my Givi belly pan, and eventually fall off due to smooth aluminum, I was also thinking about some kind of rubber "mud flap" rather then extender, because of the very small clearance between the tire and fender. I think Suzuki screwed up on the front fender clearance, they designed the Strom capable of some ADV off roading, but they didn't leave enough room between the tire and the fender. I even heard that some knobbies will eat up the plastic fender from the inside, due to increase of tire circumference at speed. They should have allow at least 1" or better knowing that people will take it off road.

I've seen some Avant fender extenders that have bigger clearance then the fender, not sure if they are OK?

·
Registered
2020 650 Vstrom Adventure
44 Posts
Yea if you go off road in the wet or damp your front will get a lot of spray which bothers me so I'm thinking a fender extender may be in the cards.

341 - 347 of 347 Posts