StromTrooper banner

321 - 340 of 347 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Have you ever tried them in snow? if so, how do they do?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Have you ever tried them in snow? if so, how do they do?
You didn't plug in a "smiley face" but I am still hoping you're joking, are you? We drive trucks and cars in the snow,...but if you think you can do it Please be careful and, report back next spring 😉 (y)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Nope, wasn't kidding. I've been wanting to try riding in snow for a few years now. Was looking for a cheap enduro/dual sport that I could put some studded tires on and give it a shot. Sounds fun, don't know why. Problem is that here in Arkansas when we do get snow it doesn't generally stay on the ground to long.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Nope, wasn't kidding. I've been wanting to try riding in snow for a few years now. Was looking for a cheap enduro/dual sport that I could put some studded tires on and give it a shot. Sounds fun, don't know why. Problem is that here in Arkansas when we do get snow it doesn't generally stay on the ground to long.
'81D*** I see you are working on your bucket list 😂 ...riding in the snow, hmmmm not my first choice but?....Sure, anything is possible, and here's a "motorcycle fun in the snow" explained by a Canadian snow expert (also check "his" FortNine YouTube channel lots of good video's)(y) I can see a trip to Aspen in your near future, while there also try some snowmobiles they are lots of fun too, Good luck and report back!...is skydiving next on your list? 🤣😜

and a more serious and technical video as explained by Bret:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Funny you should say that because skydiving is on my list. I would also like to see 180mph on a motorcycle and 200mph in a car. I rode a unicycle across a highwire about 20 feet off the ground for about 100 feet total, does that count for anything?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Funny you should say that because skydiving is on my list. I would also like to see 180mph on a motorcycle and 200mph in a car. I rode a unicycle across a highwire about 20 feet off the ground for about 100 feet total, does that count for anything?
(y) I hear you man, unicycle on the wire is extreme enough good for you, 180 on a bike and 200 in the car, crazy, I am a big fan of MotoGP and F1 and just can't believe the speeds they are doing, I had a chance to stand next to the track and you can just feel the air they are pushing when they come for a fly-by at 350 kph (218 mph) impressive :oops::oops::oops:

I have to say that I wouldn't have the balls to skydive or even bungee jump (I just don't trust the equipment enough) but I admire people that live by this moto:

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly screaming "Holy shit Whatta Ride!”
quote by― Hunter S. Thompson

·
Registered
32 Posts
No desire to bungee jump, I don't trust the equipment on that either. Love the motto, not ready to go sliding in quite yet.

·
Registered
604 Posts
As posted earlier I was opting to paint the lower engine cowl silver to match the crash bars and front fender.
all done for now !

·
Registered
207 Posts
As posted earlier I was opting to paint the lower engine cowl silver to match the crash bars and front fender.
all done for now !
Resto*** I think it looks good with the silver bottom, if you have any paint left I would suggest to paint the top lids of your panniers and possibly even the lid of the top box, to add some light colors to the rear end and to compliment all the silver on the front (see my photoshop below)

....and maybe grind a bit of that kickstand for a bit more forward kickstand angle when deployed, see "kickstand modification"
...also see the new kickstand angle in my picture from today (above)

...are those GoldWing pegs?

PicsArt_10-07-10.15.42.jpg

if you think that would be too much "silver" pls see my FJR picture 🤣 😂(y) one can never have enough "silver"

20180831_183803.jpg

·
Registered
2 Posts
Have had my ‘20 for a couple of months now, nearly finished setting it up. Just have the B&B bash plate to install once it’s made/picked up.
7AD186BE-3195-4158-818C-7C08C66CBE4F.jpeg

·
Registered
604 Posts
Resto*** I think it looks good with the silver bottom, if you have any paint left I would suggest to paint the top lids of your panniers and possibly even the lid of the top box, to add some light colors to the rear end and to compliment all the silver on the front (see my photoshop below)

....and maybe grind a bit of that kickstand for a bit more forward kickstand angle when deployed, see "kickstand modification"
...also see the new kickstand angle in my picture from today (above)

...are those GoldWing pegs?

Yes 1800 goldwing pegs, Also I stand on my left peg when mounting or dismounting the bike and it works
perfect for me. when in the garage I use a 1" thick resin puck to set the side stand on.
As far as two toning the bags goes, many times I run without the bags or top case installed. they just happen
to be on in this photo. I just think the bags would get more chipped and scratched up when in storage.
For me best to leave them black in the raw plastic. Good idea you had though. thanks .

View attachment 278267

if you think that would be too much "silver" pls see my FJR picture 🤣 😂(y) one can never have enough "silver"

View attachment 278268

Reactions: Damirio

·
Registered
207 Posts
Welcome to the forum Rade, great bike pictures, are those gas prices in Euros? Do you have to fill up 95 octane only or can you get 87 octane as well?

·
Registered
2020 Vstrom 650 XT
5 Posts
Welcome to the forum Rade, great bike pictures, are those gas prices in Euros? Do you have to fill up 95 octane only or can you get 87 octane as well?
Thank,for the welkome. First picture,was taken out my country. BIH is the name of country,prices are in local curensy,KM-konvertible mark. It is aproximatly,1 km is 0.5€. I only fill 95 octane,if I can get it.😄

321 - 340 of 347 Posts